Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Derk -- if you get into school up here, we'll have another local bad influence. There goes more mods money.

I've been very bad lately. I've come to the realization that I will need a loan no matter what. So...

Originally posted by PDXSVT:

maybe I'd have the Quaife in by now...

I ordered a Spec stage 1 clutch, Fidanza flywheel, and a Quaife. (I'm having tranny issues anyway)

I figure I better get the modding done while I have the time and money. As soon as I start school again I'll become a money-conserving student. So, I better mod while the modding's good!

Manifold cleaning and porting took about 5 hours w/ two of us working. We didn't rush, and I'm sure it could be done in much less time. However, if it's really dirty, it's going to take a lot of Berryman's and more time.

TB optimizing should be 1 hour tops. If you have feeler gauges handy, they were helpful in lining up the throttle plate. Marty, how long did it take you to do all your intake mods?

Taking the exhaust manifolds off should take a few (2)hours. Count on at least an hour to get them back on (the learning curve is fast ). Make sure you have long (I'm talking 24") extensions for your ratchets. I can't tell you how long it'll take to gut them, though. Look in the classifieds and see if anyone is selling theirs.
Good luck, and have fun.
I hope to see you guys up there.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.