Originally posted by n2deep:
Dear Unisys12,
As a married man with two daughters I would expect you to be more concerned with your family more so than to care what people think about your car. I think that maybe one day my views might change when i have a family. I respect your valid point. But for now, It involves more than just respect as a individual, I'm thinking of more along the lines as a group. Unity as a group would make us stronger, thats why the import is so large. If you noticed that some vehicles were hot and some were not, but its the unity that makes its all great. As far as changing the situation it can always be changed thats why Spring Zing is put together. People go to it because of unity, respect and some times vendors participate for product awareness.

Maybe I do have something to prove- that you can turn an everyday sedan into something, for starters. Maybe another reason is to show that American cars can do it and look as good as import cars with the right touch. I would not go as far as to say that I follow all the trends of the import scene, but I do go as far as I can to express my personality and ideas thru my car. Not everyone has to paint their cars or add graphics to get the aftermarket to notice them. They do it because they want to and its a way of expressing or accenting their car to make it unique. How many people in your area have Mystiques with flow master on it and are lowered with roush springs, I bet not many. I might not no the reason why you did the mods you did, but I bet its because you wanted to, to make it unique.
With the right personality a car can sit still to make people notice.

Not to jump topics I was just thinking.... The aftermarket scene in some form do give a crap because we are the one that support their business. It makes them money, you cant tell me (you can if you want) that Brad noone sells the things he sells just for the love of the car, hell no he does it because he makes a little money at it.

Now back on track as far as mine and kermit conversation is concerned. My point was to get everyone to start coming out of their shells and show some unity for the contour or mystique family.

Thankyou

N2deep

well well well......

dont have to be so pissy about it. as far as the unity of contiques, we do have unity. but some of us dont have the money to show our cars because they are taking care of their families I dont think it was fair for you to say that he cares more about his car than he does us. you dont know Phillip like I do and who died and made you God to come on here as a newbie and talk down to some one who more than likely knows a heck of a lot more than you do.
and for your info, I own a Honda and I am part of this club too. because I do love the contiques just like every one else. but I am not telling any one that they care less about their families than they do about their cars.

and if you must know, he lowered his car because he wanted it that way and not to impress anyone else but himself. he didn't put the flowmaster on until I got mine first, it was my idea. and yes the intake was for better performance.

and as far as the graphics, if we don't want graphics we dont have to put them on there. that is being unique dont ya think.....

thank you
unisys12 wife
Kim

94 Honda Passport 4X4 yeah it's a Honda, what about it...