Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i hope i can make this one.
Lisa and I are planning on doing our annual Bartlett long weekend stay to do some x-mas shopping and rest and relaxation.

I'll keep an eye out - but the type of meet doesn't matter to me.

Later

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I can think of a really nice cruise up here in VT. Start at Rutland (West Central VT) and head up rte 4 over Killington, and then take rte 100 north through the mountains. Rte 17 goes off from there, up and over Sugarbush and Mad River skiing areas. This has to be the most fun road I have ever driven on. Hair-pin turns all the way up and down the mountain. Nice look-out up top too. Early October would be good for the leaves. As Pete has mentioned, we could end up at his house and either eat there (cook out) or head into Burlington for some good food. In either case, I'll be heading up Rte 17 shortly for some good fun

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Mike and I are going to take a drive today to find a decent route for a cruise.
We've already got pretty specific ideas for getting this rolling. I'll post up our findings along with a pretty detailed agenda for our fall meet idea, and see what you all think of it.
Again, this is just an idea and by no means does this HAVE to be the one we do.

btw, here's the farmers almanac prediction for October 2003

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
well the Temple mtn/Miller state park portion of my idea didn't work out.
It cost $3 per person to drive to the summit. The road up to it is extremely narrow and steep. The summit has very limited parking. Not very ideal for our group. The view is spectacular, but I just couldn't justify a drive up there.
We found some awesome backroads that were nice and windy, but I was also aiming for some scenic areas to stop at and not just "tunnel of tree" roads. I'm gonna try again possibly this saturday if I can and see what I come up with.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
so does everyone have specific dates in mind. i just wanna know cuz i work weekends occasionally and dont want to commit to work for the saturday of the meet.

fall meet dates
oct 18 sat
oct 25 sat
or a sunday following either of these two dates

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
if we go by the farmer's almanac ( ), the 25th will be sunny. Plus I think that's decent advance notice for everyone's schedule.
that's what I voted for.

Mike and I did our planned cruise again today and are satisfied with our findings.
Here's the idea we have in mind:

10:00 meet at Burger King parking lot, exit 11 off of Everett Turnpike in Merrimack, NH. It's a big parking lot so plenty of room to meet.
11:00 Budweiser brewery tour, gift shop, viewing of grounds/horses, picture opportunities on the grounds
(if we will be a group of 15 or more, I will need to call a couple days ahead and give a headcount) The tour goes for 30-45 minutes, samples received at the end.
Lunch - we could go back to that burgerking area - there are a couple places to eat around there.
After lunch, gas up it's - CRUISE TIME - great winding roads, hills, ALL PAVED. Great scenery. Good mix of foliage, fields, farm houses, all typical of old NH.
This cruise should take us about an hour, not counting any stops for pics.
After cruise, head over to Silo's Steakhouse for dinner.
(Most likely we'll have to call ahead. I'm pretty sure they can handle a group of our size - I can look into this further).

How does this sound?

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Sounds good. I'll be there with my dented car

I'll make a post with the details.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i think that sounds like a perfect day. i just wanna avoid rain and coldness. of course its possible to get a perfect oct day on the 25th too.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Sounds good. I love Silo's.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
that plan sounds good to me

just when the date is set I will have to make plans to get home to get the other car and to get the remaining mads done for that weekend

I am up for anything, can't wait for another good weekend to hang out with everyone

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard