Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Wow! Lots of great ideas.

I like the coast idea. Also the North country or VT. Heck, I enjoy Wachusett too! Either way, I'm game.

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
the nw corner of ct is nice especially if heading to limerock park. i think the northen cruise would be more scenic, less busy-if u know what i mean by that. cutting thru ct we wont see much if heading from here into RI. but RI is still good too.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
the nordiclodge sounds good. i've never heard of a place like that.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by CobraR:
Like Kim said, I believe there was interest in a VT fall meet, and I'd be up for that. Some really nice roads out there!! Let me list a few in no particular order.

1. VT Meet with the CEG guys up there.

2. Red Hook Brewery tour (Postsmouth, NH) / NH Seacoast cruise. Maine coast a possiblility to, (ie York Beach).

3. Budwieser Brewery tour (Merrimack, NH) / Merrimack has a criuse night on Friday nights. Good little ice cream place there, and some decent roads to rip thru. I grew up there so I know the roads pretty well and my parents know the chief of police.

4. Wachusette applefest.

5. Lakes / Mountian region cruise like we did way back in the fall of 2000 with pappy Dick, Dougie, BOS SVT, skunk I think, and believe it or not migalush from NJ came!! It was fun but it was rainy. We went up to NHIS, Wiers Beach, and around the lake.

6. CT area cruise, and or Newport RI cruise.

all these sound great.

If we do a lakes region cruise we could meet at some place in the area. I kinda know the area, but not that well. How long would it take to cruise around the lake? I imagine it would be an all day affair. We could meet up in Meridith near noon time, then cruise to Wolfboro for dinner and then finish off in Laconia/Weirs Beach for some evening activities. (Funspot, Go-carts, penny arcades, there's this place I went to last year called something like Panda Garden which was an odd mix of a Sushi bar and techo club we weren't feeling it so we didn't stay long.

How practical would it be to do the brewery tour at Red Hook, then cruise the sea cost and then stop in at the Bud factory for a few a little later on?

If we do the western CT cruise, I know there's alot of nice roads out in the hills. If we get low on gas we can stop in at the West End and visit Corey as we fill up.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
definitely lots of great ideas.
The biggest thing we need is for someone to step up to the plate, take one of these ideas and go with it, preferably someone in one of those areas.
Ryan did a great job in the past couple years planning a great scenic drive and getting us organized at specific locations.
We need someone who is familiar with a specific area and is willing to map out a route, as well as find a decent place to eat (one that can handle us crazy kids).
So I guess if the locals to each idea could plan out a more specific route/schedule, that can be posted up and we could hold a vote.
Right now my head is just from reading all the suggestions. Each and every one sounds great, but I think it's the details that will help us narrow things down and agree on just one activity.

I'll see if Mike and I can look into the lakes region cruise or the Merrimack idea. We have next week off, so we may have time to do a dry run and pinpoint some nice areas.

a CT drive may also be pretty cool since we rarely have meets in CT.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Driving near Mt. Wachusett was fun last year. And the pizza place near Ryan's home make the best pizza I've ever had.

VT sounds like a good idea too. Anyone know which area in VT in particular? Would be near Rutland or Chester?

Make it idiotproof, and they'll make better idiots.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Here are more specifics in the Merrimack Budwieser plant meet and cruise.

Meet at Burger King Paking lot off of the Evertte Turnpike. Mingle for a little while, (cruise night won't be going on because its on Friday night) then cruise on over to the bud plant. Tour the plant, get some free samples, check out the gift shop. Walk around some of the best grounds I've seen, and see the Clydesdales (only other full team in in St. Louis) Then cruise some nice roads in and around Merrimack (I'll work on a route). Then go to the new Roadhouse!! And then maybe get some icecream at King Kone. If that's not enough to do we can always go rice hunting in Manchester!!

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i have a friend that i think may come w/ me and she would get a kick out of the bud tour. (where's the bud lite division )

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i'll take a look at what ct has to offer for scenic rtes that would keep us somewhere fun and not in the sticks with nothing around.

(pls pls have all my modding done before this.)

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by hmouta:
i'll take a look at what ct has to offer for scenic rtes that would keep us somewhere fun and not in the sticks with nothing around.

(pls pls have all my modding done before this.)

rt 7 is nice but often very busy, 45 and 4 are nice areas, I found a corkscrew turn on a rt in oxford. there are little bits of neat roads all around

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard