OK- I have a '98CSVT, so my fenders suck already.
Rubbing drove me nutz, I had to get my fenders professionally trimmed and ROLLED to help, (got the car repainted to match the repainted fenders, so a couple grand later), I have my car back. And guess what. The right rear rubs only when I take a left turn hard, it must push out the camber and cause the rubbing, because the right hand turns don't cause any rubbing. . .

I had 17X7 215/45 lowered on Eibach's and Koni's, and I rubbed EVERYWHERE, front, back, left, right.

I raised it back up using stock springs and Konis's and kept the 17X7 215/45 and guess what, no more rubbing AT ALL. Under ANY CONDITIONS.

So, 1314 and I get on a GB to get some 17X7.5's.. . .I put the 215/45's on and guess what, NO RUBBING AT ALL. YEAH!

But, by then, which is like 3 months ago, the tires are worn and I replace them with 225/45 SO3's. . .and like 1314 said, RUBBING in the RIGHT REAR ONLY. Why??? So I all the fenders rolled and trimmed, and of course, the morning after I get the car back, it rubs. So I give up.

Here's the answer: if you're supersizing past 215 on a 17 or 18 in rim, TRIM DOWN the sidewall. 1314 is cool with 235/40's because 40's should prevent the rub, but I wanted something meaty to protect my rims and mistakenly got the 225/45's. . .and that's why it rubs only on the right rear.

So, I'll rotate them, wear them out (220UTOQ), and either get the 235/40's he got or get 215/45's. . .what to do. Oh yeah, in case you got lost, 1314 and I have the SAME wheel's with the same offset, only difference in suspension setup is that he's slammed with HR's and I'm running stock springs, both of us have Koni's. . .