Andy: yeah, that sounds fine

Has anyone considered how we're gonig? Here's a route that the guys at NASIOC took when they went a while ago. That starts out in Woodbridge but we can move the meeting place to whereever. I haven't driven this route so I have no idea if it's good or not. It's definitely not the shortest way but I heard it was a fun drive.

Quote:

OK...here's the tentative route. I might change the gravel section, but that depends on how many people want to avoid it. It's actually pretty smooth, just gravel. I drove it with my 18's no problem. Only thing is, your car gets dirty.

• Meet at the Old Hechingers commuter lot on the corner of Route 123 and Old Bridge road in Woodbridge, VA. This is right off the 123 exit, (exit 160B) towards Occoquan, on 95.
  • Leave the North exit of the lot (the one with the light) and make a right onto Old Bridge Road
  • Left at light onto 123 North.
  • Left onto Hampton Rd. There will be signs for Fountain Head Park.
  • Left Onto Henderson.
  • Right to continue on Henderson.
  • Another right to continue onto Henderson. This intersection will be at the top of a hill.
  • Left onto Clifton.
  • Right onto Main St. (645).
  • Left to continue on Clifton (645).
  • Left onto Compton. There isn't much warning for this left, so watch for it (658).
  • Right to continue on Compton (658). Union Mill will be the left, but make the right to continue on Compton.
  • Cross over Centreville, Route 28, and right after, make a right to continue on Compton (658).
  • Make a sharp right onto Bull Run, no stop.
  • Pass over 29 and continue onto Bull Run Post Office.
  • Road turns to gravel, and continues for ~3 miles. This can be avoided if everyone wants, but I'll need to change the route a bit. Let me know.
  • Left onto Braddock. (still gravel)
  • Right onto Elk Lick. (off gravel)
  • Right onto Edgewater.
  • Left onto Poland.
  • We'll make a stop at the Sheetz for fuel, food, and cleaning the dust off the cars.
  • Take 50 West all the way through Middleburg. ~11 miles.
  • Right outside Middleburg 50 becomes 2 lanes again, and shortly after make a left onto Zulla (709).
  • Right onto John Marshall (55).
  • Left onto Free State, and over 66.
  • Right after you pass the 66 exits, right onto Center Hill (this is a FUN road).
  • Left onto Zachary Taylor (522).
  • Right onto Fodderstock (641).
  • Right onto 211 and on to Cooters!

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan