Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by hmouta:
advanced autoparts has them for 20/bulb. mine are brand new in box for 70 shipped for all four or 35 shipped for a set. i've never seen them for 20/pair. if anyone wants to try them, hit me up. you'll save a few bucks and help a fellow ceg'er to make the fit in the lows, some have forced them in. otherwise u can dremel or exacto knife two plastic tabs/ridges to clear the low socket.

zetec, where r your stock bulbs, if u put them in does your problem go away meaning you got a bad set of blues and its not the headlight opening. why not return the bulbs if they r defective. how long has it been since u bought them

stock lights? uhhh good question...I don't know what the hell happened to them.

I just bought some cheapo Xenon bulbs about a week ago, definitely worse than the Cool Blues. I think i'm just screwin it in retarded cuz it doesn't look like anything is messed up...it was at night though so

i'll try again later and see...may not need new bulbs, although those HID look alikes are pretty nice I think.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
see if u can borrow some stock bulbs from another member or something (obviously without screwing up their bulbs). gotta find out if its the bulbs or the headlight opening or u. good luck

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Just for curiousity, take a look at the lamp retainer rings. If your highbeams are where they should be but the lows arent, the ring could have popped loose. Its highly unlikely, but it could have happened.

But, the better fix would be to rip the stock lamps out and fit it with some projectors.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
For those who are wondeing above, 9005's are the high beam bulbs and put out somewhere around 1700. 9006's only put out around 1000. Lumens i think is the unit. Anyway, they are just much brighter, and all you have to do is squeeze them into the socket.

'99 SE Sport High beam in low beam mod â?? cool blues, Fog light fix, De-badge, Full Size Spare, K&N drop in Working on Panic into one-touch
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Not sure if you want the "bluish" look or not but the best bulbs to buy are Silverstars. Buy a pair of 9005's and cut out the little tab inside, real easy. The wattage of the highbeam is 60w compared to 51w of the lowbeams. The difference is amazing, you will not believe the difference. I did this to my Tour, before I got HID's and recently did this to my winter beater, you can't beat it. Theres no danger of hurting your headlights or wiring either, many have done this and been running them for YEARS This is a "must do" mod to any car that runs the 9006/9005 set up

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard