Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Horrible movie, extremly flawed. Nothing makes me want to believe a movie like chopping different speeches together and making a person say something they never said. I hate that guy doing it and hope he dies. And before you ask, no, I do not own a gun or plan on it.

Thanks for the links PackRat

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ShinyRedSport:
I hate that guy doing it and hope he dies.

So much for tolerance and compassion in our great land....

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
yep

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
that movie was cool it had MARILYN MANSON in it and he is the $hit

MARILYN MANSON
MARILYN MANSON
MARILYN MANSON

98 SVT, clutch masters flywheel, spec stage2 clutch, quaife ,y pipe. and only MOBIL-1 oil. gansta a$$ 2000 Honda Civic on dope("nnnaaawwwzz"). ricers suck KING OF ROAD RAGE i need a center console and cup holder!!!!!1
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
It's a documentary i.e. you can edit it to show your certain views. You can twist anything around.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by todras:
It's a documentary i.e. you can edit it to show the certain views. You can twist anything around.

yea what he said

98 SVT, clutch masters flywheel, spec stage2 clutch, quaife ,y pipe. and only MOBIL-1 oil. gansta a$$ 2000 Honda Civic on dope("nnnaaawwwzz"). ricers suck KING OF ROAD RAGE i need a center console and cup holder!!!!!1
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Alphatour:
but semi automic guns are pointless, why do people buy ak-47 and assualt rifles and oozies?? to kill deer???

Someone else said it, and I agree- why do people buy 300hp cars that top out at 160mph when the average speed limit is 70?

It's spelled Uzi. It's an Israeli Military weapon (built by IMI). The term "assault rifle" is also a misnomer. Do a bit of research on firearms, you'll understand a lot more... and maybe will understand why someone would want to own one.

Originally posted by beatmoonlight98:
on one hand, it is an eye opener, and definitely raises some important questions. on the other hand, michael moore is a major tool

Raises one question for me- how can this horrible excuse for a political activist have a film career. Michael Moore is a d!ck. Plain and simple.

Originally posted by freakshow:
Anyone else find it ironic that you have to register to have a gun but you can have all the kids you want without having to go through ANY kind of paperwork or qualifications? Guns, video games, tv, music blah blah blah all excuses for lack of proper parenting. More people die due to STUPIDTY (whether their own or someone else's) every year than anything else.

I know we've butted heads in the past, but, I'm right next to you on this one. You don't have to pass any kind of competency test to have kids, which will ruin plenty of lives, but, you have to pass all sorts of tests to drive a car or own a gun. What kind of BS is that?! And, god forbid the parents of the sadly misguided kids actually cared more about their kids' lives and well-being instead of their own career/social life/hair color/whatever. I'd hate to see what the suicide rate would be if all these soccer moms finally took responsibility for their kids being fscked from the womb.

Originally posted by gwellington:
So much for tolerance and compassion in our great land

Cry me a river. I won't tolerate nor be compassionate for a blatantly obvious liar and hypocrite. He complains about the mass media's fear tactics... and then makes a movie (which he blatantly doctors facts to his own liking) that is, in and of itself, a FEAR TACTIC.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
So much for tolerance and compassion in our great land

Cry me a river. I won't tolerate nor be compassionate for a blatantly obvious liar and hypocrite. He complains about the mass media's fear tactics... and then makes a movie (which he blatantly doctors facts to his own liking) that is, in and of itself, a FEAR TACTIC.

Your description of Mr. Moore's actions could easily fit a number of conservative political "pundits" who have far more media access than does Mr. Moore. My point was only that hoping Mr. Moore would die because of his convictions seemed a bit rough, even for this crowd.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Your description of Mr. Moore's actions could easily fit a number of conservative political "pundits" who have far more media access than does Mr. Moore. My point was only that hoping Mr. Moore would die because of his convictions seemed a bit rough, even for this crowd.

None of us ever said we wanted them to live long, healthy lives, either.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Quote:

Originally posted by Alphatour:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just wondering if anyone saw the movie "Bowling For Columbine " ? I just saw it and it was a true eye opener, i know there are a ton of gun toutin hoolangs ;-) on this board, just wanted to see if you saw it and cared to get some insight.....

I watched and was blowin away by America, i cant beleive it has come to this is this great land, its very true is saying we are being driven to be scard of everything by our media influences...by why buy a gun?????

Alpha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy here we go...I own quite a few guns and you ask "why buy a gun?" I say " cause I can " I don't know what this movie is about as I haven't seen it but I think I can guess..."it's all the guns fault that those kids at columbine snapped" something to that affect judging by the first post.

Anyone else find it ironic that you have to register to have a gun but you can have all the kids you want without having to go through ANY kind of paperwork or qualifications? Guns, video games, tv, music blah blah blah all excuses for lack of proper parenting. More people die due to STUPIDTY (whether their own or someone else's) every year than anything else.

I did not really intend on responding, until Freakshow managed to bring together my morning so well.

This morning I was in the local sheriff's office getting fingerprinted to get a cocealed weapons permit. Why? Glad you asked....

I am a case worker working with those parents who have children with no thought to the responsibilities of parenting. Some will get it and change when confronted by the an investigator checking in on them. (BTW, when I was an investigator, I closed about 2/3 of my cases with "no indicators" of abuse. Usually just a pissed off neighbor/relative using the anonymity of the system to harrass their neighbor/relative.) Anyway, I have one case that I received when the father attempted to assault the previous case worker in front of about 20 people. He has made death threats against me and several other, recorded on my office answering machine. He has described in detail his plan to murder the previous caseworker. In the last month, he was arrested for resisiting arrest with violence (caught trafficking oxycontin), and then assaulted the police officer in booking. Three weeks later he was released on probation. The probation office shares a parking lot with my office.

The police cannot be everywhere. If this guys decides that I am his next target, the whole confrontation will be over in few seconds. Police response time to here is at best 5 minutes. I see it as my responsibility to protect myself. Certainly, if I can avoid the confrontation and let the police deal with it I will. But if that is unavoidable, and I am unwilling to protect myself, then the police are likely to be investigating my homicide. This is not an outcome I put high on my "good things" list.

Yes, there are some crazy yahoo's who make the whole gun ownership thing look bad. Just as I am sure that if you wanted to make contour owners look bad to the general public, all you would have to do is go to gatherings, start asking about high performance equipment, and then ask about all the times those owners have taken their cars in to triple digits on public roads. Does it happen? Absolutely. Is is the normative behavior for all contour owners? Not at all. Would is appall and disgust people who have no desire to go fast? Probably. Same principle applies to the BfC drivel.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard