Originally posted by DanB:
Like I said before, NO ONE can match the R&D money and resources of ExxonMobil, one the top three corporations in the world!
Not Amsoil, not anybody else.
As for brand recognition, why would one use Mobil 1 if they were not paid by the sponsor? Because its better.
As for QC, Amsoil gets what's given to them by the suppliers. These same suppliers probably sell to a slew of other oil companies marketing sythetic motor oil.

"Amsoil gets what's given to them by the suppliers.

These same suppliers probably sell to a slew of other oil companies marketing sythetic motor oil "

Yo, Junior, it's beginning to look like you're making up your "facts" as you go along.

You're not even close. Amsoil was in the synlubes business about 15 years before Mobil took their first, still-timid, copycat plunge into synlubes in the mid-80's. And, when Mobil first put their toe in the synlubes market, which synlubes do you think they were trying to copy? (HINT: AMSOIL)

Do you really think that, with a 15-year jump on the synlubes market, Amsoil has to go begging for vendors w/top-quality QC/QA? Dream on.

From the performance side, E-M has been playing catch-up ball ever since.

But, hey, if you're happy running M1 (a perfectly respectable, non-Xdrain synlube), I'm happy for you. After all, it's your car, not mine.