Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
I use Amsoil synthetic 5W-30 with the SDF-11 filter they recommend, change it twice a year minimum, usually every 3000miles. There's no problem with cold start up out here, the coldest it gets is 40 or 50 at the worst. I only drive her 5000-6000 miles a year. . .

I should get this next oil batch analyzed, how do you do that exactly?

Suneil

I recommend you contact:

Cleveland Technical Center
800-726-5401
18419 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44112-1016

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
These guys at Paradise Garage are doing some oil longevity testing with an LS1 Camaro. Test is ongoing, and they just finished their Mobil 1 run at 18,000 miles. Amsoil is next up.

I'm very curious to see what they find, but it makes sense that the Amsoil will really excel here, seeing as how it was formulated for this kind of thing.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/oil-life.html

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by RogerB:
These guys at are doing some oil longevity testing with an LS1 Camaro. Test is ongoing, and they just finished their Mobil 1 run at 18,000 miles. Amsoil is next up.

I'm very curious to see what they find, but it makes sense that the Amsoil will really excel here, seeing as how it was formulated for this kind of thing.

Cool.

Definititely get back to us on their results ... And include details about the testing protocols Paradise Garage used (or provide their email and/or website). Details like that will help all CEGer's to understand how either M1 or Amsoil came out on top ...

Notice how neutral this die-hard Amsoil user is trying to be, here ... ?

Sorry, gotta go. For some reason, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome seems to be flaring-up.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Drumbo:
These guys at are doing some oil longevity testing with an LS1 Camaro. Test is ongoing, and they just finished their Mobil 1 run at 18,000 miles. Amsoil is next up.

Cool.

Definititely get back to us on their results ... And include details about the testing protocols Paradise Garage used (or provide their email and/or website). Details like that will help all CEGer's to understand how either M1 or Amsoil came out on top ...

Sorry, gotta go. For some reason, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome seems to be flaring-up.

Drumbo, you're such a shill. How much is Amsoil paying you?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

Cool.

More like "How much should they be paying me?"

I've had no affiliation with Amsoil for almost 10 years, RogerB. I'm a customer. Period.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
These guys at Paradise Garage are doing some oil longevity testing with an LS1 Camaro. Test is ongoing, and they just finished their Mobil 1 run at 18,000 miles. Amsoil is next up.

Whoops! My face is red. Originally scanned your post a bit too sloppily. After actually clicking on the provided link, just wanted to say thanks for bringing to our attention what looks like a really interesting site.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Cool.

I've had no affiliation with Amsoil for almost 10 years, RogerB. I'm a customer. Period.

Hey, you know I was just kidding, right?

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

Cool.

Hey, you know I was just kidding, right?

I knew that. Just wanted to make things clear for anyone who may not have realized you were just goofin' with me.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I use full synthetic oil(won't mention brands here, but it's not mobile 1)and motorcraft filter. I change every 5K, IMHO I think 3K oil change is overkill, Ford recomends every 3K to protect thier azz, I would do the same if I owned a car co. By the way I have 106K on my SVT and not a bit of problems with it,(not even the water pump )
In the end everybody has to make the decision for themself and if you concerned then you should follow the Manufacturers recomendations.
Later

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mr_froge:
I'm an independent AMSOIL dealer and can save you some money as well as protect your car and enhance its performance. My web site is still under construction but you are welcome to visit at LBC Performance Motorsports Group or go directly to the AMSOIL store at AMSOIL Store .

AMSOIL has three types of pure synthetic oil for the Duratec V6 and it really depends on the number of miles you drive per year and how comfortable you fee with "extended" oil drain intervals.

The first is the 7500 series and can be purchased in either 5w-30 or 10w-30 for the Duratec.. This will operate for 6 months or 7500 miles, which every comes first. I recommend the AMSOIL filer also, as it is more rugged and has a better filter material than any of the others I know of.

The second fluid is also a 5w-30 or 10w-30 but is good for 24,000 miles or 12 months..etc. etc.. Note that the filters still are recommend for changing every 6 months or 12,000 miles..

Now the one I use in my track preparied Cougar.. I run the 0w-30 which is a 36,000 mile or 12 month synthetic.. The improvement in preformance and increase in gas milage has been surprising..

You can purchase these at the AMSOIL Store web site and directly through me and receive a 10% discount on your oil purchase.. Email me directly for information .. remember that this discount is not available on the AMSOIL Store web site..

Other grades of oil are available such as the 10w-40 which is made for the turbo and sc cars or 20W-50 for the profesional track cars...

Any questions ?? just email me at Mr_Froge@lbcperformance.com

Dude, I changed my tranny fluid to Amsoil synthetic, runs really nice. Any recomendations for tranny fluid from the Amsoil man?

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard