Originally posted by Drumbo:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by RogerB:
Mobile 1 gives me all the synth advantages I need at considerably less cost and hassle.

Agreed.

"... less cost and hassle"?

I change the Amsoil in my CSVT every 15K mi, which, for me, amounts to one change per year. Annual cost, including "add oil": about $50, MINUS the value of time-saved by not having to do an oil change every 3K.

Next change, I'll send a sample to Cleveland Tech to gauge how how much servicable life the oil has at 15K.

How many times per year do you guys do an oil change?

Let's see, I've had the car since January of 96, and it has about 61,000 miles on it, so that comes to just over 8,000 miles per year. That's average, so it includes the first couple of years, in which I generally put more miles on the car than I do now. So the 25,000 mile a year sales pitch, and even the 12k/year pitch, don't really apply to me. (I've never changed at 3k intervals, either.) I'll bet that if I wanted to, I could go a full year with Mobil 1, get the oil analyzed, and learn that I'm doing just fine.

One thing that has changed, is that AMsoil seems to be running a bit cheaper now. I suppose it's worth another look.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998