Originally posted by ScottK:
Originally posted by Drumbo:

As their label indicates, Amsoil 100% synths are not a "blend" -- they're 100% synthetic.

As their label also indicates, they are -- and always have been -- API certified.

Your research seems to have a few holes. Maybe you should redo it.

BTW -- Would you happen to be a former customer of Tommy Chong?

re blend:

by blend I did not mean conventional / syn blend, but an off the shelf syn. base stock with some amsoil specific additives.

re api -

maybe they should tell the api that all there oil is certified???

http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayLicenseInfo.asp?LicenseNo=0995

" ... but an off the shelf syn. base stock with some amsoil specific additives."

That's all any synlube is ... It's a matter of how you put them together and how much R&D and QC/QA input you have.

But, my bad. What I should have said is, all Amsoil lubes meet or (greatly) exceed API specs. Last time I looked, only one Amsoil engine oil is API certified. Do you really believe the American Petroleum Institute is going to wrap its arms around and give a big hug to a full-line of extended-drain, 100% synth oils? Nice Dreams.

As I've disclaimed soooo many times, I'm not an Amsoil apostle -- I've just been using their synlubes and greases for 16 years and know with absolute certainty they deliver as-claimed. If you don't want to use them, don't. I'll lose no sleep over that.