Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#735538 09/05/03 05:26 AM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Hi, kids..I would like to say that I am one of these"pigs", some of you speak of. I personnaly know Dimitri and he will tell you I'm a pretty cool person, despite the fact I have a curly tail! I have said it before,there are some cops that abuse the power given them.This makes people believe we are all a$$holes.I work in Dayton,Oh, and have worked for 2 other agencies. Some small depts. use traffic to " pay the bills". Anyone who wonders why we are never there when you need them. I challenge you to do a ride along in a large city near you, and see why they aren't there. I, just Tuesday night spent 5 hours of a ten hour shift on a homicide. I was second on the scene and watched another officer hold a towel to the neck of a 22 year old guy that was shot, sitting in a car with his girlfriend. I had to tell this guy he was gonna be o.k., as his blood pumped out,despite my efforts to control it. Then I got to sit with the girl friend,covered in his blood and try to find out who did this.Some of you [censored] about getting a ticket for driving like an a$$,guess what in Suburbia that's what cops do.

Most speed traps are the product of grants, which means those officers are on a zero tolerance assignment because of accident figures. Alibies,the seat belt is not a moving violation and is no points,just $ out of your pocket.

Civicsmoker, I didn't know an imaginary 62' Vette would do a 105.Or were you driving the neighbors BMW.

Being a cop is a thankless job,try going to work and think that most everyone you come in contact with,secretly hates you and some would like nothing more than to see you dead. That's my job as a PIG. Sorry for the rant.

Rod

-2000 SVT-Silver Frost/Midnight Blue #1,382 of 2,150 Born on 01-07-2000 It's got stuff -2003 Lincoln Navigator-Ultimate Silver/Midnight Blue -1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500-custom paint,CHROME
#735539 09/05/03 06:18 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I don't believe half the bullchit that is posted in this thread. I think a lot of these stories are fabricated or stretching the truth, especially when it comes to diss'in the cops. Sure there are a few bad cops out there, but 90% of them are decent hard working men who uphold the law and who put their lives on the line to protect your families, your girlfriends/wives, and even your stupid worthless asses. You are all very disrespectful in calling any officer a "pig"...not only that you all deserved the tickets you received, whether you feel it was a minor violation or not, it's still breaking the law. I apologize to any police officer who read this thread and I am personally embarrassed to be part of generation "Ignorant". As for the idiot who originally posted this, I don't buy your sad story, and I'm glad you were ticketed, because you should be fined for your stupidity.

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
#735540 09/05/03 10:02 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
alright.... some of the things the complainers here i agree with.

the cops in my town usually are real slow to get anywhere. i don't know why. i have a scanner in my car, and sometimes i go near where they are supposed to go (like "bat in house", i'm not gonna go to something serious), and i get there repeatedly quicker than they do. i deliver pizza, so i pretty much know the town like the back of my hand.

well, there are also cops that flick on their lights to go through red lights and then shut them off and drive, doing nothing. that is abuse of their power, i can't do that, why can they? (remember, they have no reason...)

also, i get pulled over for the stupidest crap. it's just becuase they know i'm a teen, so they wanna "teach me a lesson". for example, a certain cop here is hard on teens, he's personally pulled me over several times. last time i got pulled over was for having red leds as my licence plate fastner. (he said i can only have white near my plate), what a load of bs. they weren't even bright, plus they were on the back, which i recall from iowa code: rear lights can be red, white, or amber color.

now, i think the rest of the cops are doing an excellent job. there is one cop that saw us when he was riding his motorcycle and joked to the other guy loudly "heh, i'll bet they're in there smokin WEED!!!" just cause he's a cool guy and can relate to kids (i don't and would never smoke weed, btw) in fact, i wanna be a cop. there is just something about being a cop that i like. i actually have an app in front of me right now for florida highway patrol.

alright, also, i'm not a bad driver, but i'm impatient. i wanna get everywhere real quick, no matter where "it" is. i don't know why i am, but i am. and i'm not agressive, either, unless i encounter an obviously stupid driver, then i pass them as quick as i can to avoid them hitting me. also, my brother pointed out, i'm not afraid of cops, that's why i drive like i do. but i APPRECIATE what cops do.

now, in chicago, we were on I-88, and we had the speedo maxed on the 92 grand marquis we were driving (probly doin 90-95), and we were getting passed left and right by everything, cops, cars, junk crap, and even panel vans. can you guess the speed limit? 45! and we were getting passed by everyone doin 90!

oh, and my city also wanted to set up a skate park, but decided against it becuase the OLD people on the council didn't think they should cater to skaters. i have not met 1 (!) skater that was a bad person. they're not destructive as long as they can skate, gives them something worthwhile to do. i'd rather them be skating and grinding than getting into real trouble.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#735541 09/05/03 01:29 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
I don't believe half the bullchit that is posted in this thread. I think a lot of these stories are fabricated or stretching the truth, especially when it comes to diss'in the cops. Sure there are a few bad cops out there, but 90% of them are decent hard working men who uphold the law and who put their lives on the line to protect your families, your girlfriends/wives, and even your stupid worthless asses. You are all very disrespectful in calling any officer a "pig"...not only that you all deserved the tickets you received, whether you feel it was a minor violation or not, it's still breaking the law. I apologize to any police officer who read this thread and I am personally embarrassed to be part of generation "Ignorant". As for the idiot who originally posted this, I don't buy your sad story, and I'm glad you were ticketed, because you should be fined for your stupidity.

Burnt, please drink some Chamomille tea and calm down. I already tried this argument with them and it doesn't work. They don't care, and still want to call the police "pigs". It's annoying, but they will learn, or they will be one of those idiots who goes around all their lives in paranoia thinking the cops are always out to get them Oh well.
2kSVT, thank you so much for your insight. I totally understand where you are coming from. One night I came along on an accident scene about 10 seconds after it happened. It took the police a few minutes to get there, but I also understand they might have been across town on patrol or coming from the little side station they have, but others must remember, much of the problem with it taking a bit for police to arrive are the MORONS on the road in their own happy little worlds, not paying attention to the fact there's a cop coming up behind them or trying to get around them, or they plain don't care.
A few weeks back, I saw a Fire Chief, lights & sirens blazing away, coming down a 3 lane highway. I moved over, as did a lot of folks, but I also did see SEVERAL people who didn't bother...... including 2 semi drivers. The chief wasn't on their a$$, so they can't use that excuse they didn't see him, they just didn't bother to move because they were turning AFTER where the chief had to turn. They were in the left lane and could have at least pulled to the left into the grass. This stuff pi$$es me off to no end, and you wonder why it takes so long for police and medical personel to get to the scene. Think before you open your mouths dogging the police or anyone else like that. Think about the traffic you drive through everyday, and remember, that's the same traffic these guys have to drive through to get to the scene of an emergency.
Oh yeah, a bat in someone's house does NOT count as an emergency, so of course they are not going to speed to it, and with your track record, I can see why you would get there before the cops. If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.
I thank ALL police for doing thier jobs. I don't personally know of any bad cops, although I am sure they are out there.

I think it's time to lock this thread now. The dead horse has been beaten enough.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#735542 09/05/03 02:38 PM
Z
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Z
Add a turbo so you can out run the pig

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Here is a link to the construction progress pages of the Abacoa Skate Park. It is a part of the Jupiter South Community Park project near Roger Dean Stadium. We've got the Cinema 8 Theaters there too, & free live bands at the Theater on the Green almost every weekend. Not to mention the BEACHES.

http://www.jupiter.fl.us/Engineering/PARKS%20PAGES/South%20Jupiter%20Community%20Park%20Progress.htm

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
There's obviously two kinds of police officers. Good and bad. The only time I have ever been pulled over, was at 3am driving straight home from the lake. I wasn't speeding at all, actually a few mph below the speed limit, and the cop came flying up from behind me turned his lights on and pulled me over right there. He asked me what I was doing out so late and gave me a warning for speeding as an excuse to pull me over. Now that type of thing is was makes people call police officer pigs, but like everyone else said most of them aren't that way. Whever I see a cop I think of the courageous police officers and firefighters that gave their lives to save others on 9/11. That is what most police officers are like, and I would like to thank them all.

A
alibies Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
can i get this thread deleted?
i didnt not mean to have all this "pig" talk... it was not the reason i posted... the reason i did was to see if anyone had anyclue how ohio handles juv-punishments.... i have a no turnsignal and a no seatbelt charge and i was woundering what possibly would be the punishment... thats all i wanted :-(

1996 ford contour sport
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
Sometimes I just start slowing down and glare in the rearview and say "yeah I could go for an SVT rear". Jackasses.

#735546 09/06/03 07:47 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MrsFurby72:
If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.

umm.... WTF???

i know that was to me.... cause you read my post on insurance, and decided i was a bad person. i'll bet you didn't even read my post, you just saw my name and decided i was a bad person. thing is, there were no cars OR people there, it was like 2 hours after school was out, and i was late to work AND i only had my licence for a month.

did you see what i said, "but i APPRECIATE what cops do." probly not. and no, i'm not angry for you saying that, but it was word usage that actually made me a little sad that people have so much hatred.

also, guess what i wanna be.... you guessed it "A COP!!!", why, CAUSE I APPRECIATE THEM. plus people (even old people that think like above...) say i would be a good cop, it's also a family thing, lots of cops/fbi people on both mother's and father's side.

-----------

hey alibies i agree, there is WAY too much trash talk on here, but you can probly get those tickets dropped in court. the cop was probly trying to be a hard ass.

less than a month ago, i got pulled over by an iowa state partrol officer becuase he couldn't see i was wearing my seatbelt from behind. as soon as he came to the car, he was like "oh, you are wearing your seatbelt...".

my guess is tell the judge exactly what happened, and he'll probly drop the no turn signal/seatbelt, unless he too is a hard ass.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#735547 09/06/03 03:22 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by insayne_kokane:
Originally posted by MrsFurby72:
If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.

umm.... WTF???

i know that was to me.... cause you read my post on insurance, and decided i was a bad person. i'll bet you didn't even read my post, you just saw my name and decided i was a bad person. thing is, there were no cars OR people there, it was like 2 hours after school was out, and i was late to work AND i only had my licence for a month.

Ok wait....... if it was that late after school hours, then you should not have gotten a ticket. What was up with that?

Anyway, the only reason I said you were idiotic was if you were going 42 in a 25 school zone when kids are supposed to be there, then you really don't care about others.
Now I have to wonder, was the officer just bored and decided to ticket you when it wasn't time, or is it a 25 zone 24/7. If it is a 25 zone 24/7 then you deserved it, but if not, then you should have fought that.
Speed doesn't make you a bad person. Shoot, I speed every now & then, everyone does. Even the heavenliest of ministers will speed. I only decide I think someone is a moron due to their actions.
Speeding = Not Moron
Speeding in a school zone full of kids = MORON

Anyway, I apologize if the ticket was not warranted, I do not apologize if it was.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard