Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#735528 09/03/03 10:47 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
'Scuse me tiv

You're complaining about intolerance then calling for the thread to be locked after you express your opinion? Kinda narrow minded of you.

Both of them had a point, but I think that neither expressed it in a way that was very tactful. Entertaining, but not tactful - that's part of the fun.

Freedom of speach does not equal acceptance of an opposing point of view. We can scream it all we want, nobody is required to listen.

Laws are generally written to discourage bad behavior. What is considered "bad" changes with our social priorities & currently prevelant ill tendencies. Right now, gang activity, drugs, alcohol, & street racing are amoung the social ills that are plaiging us. Law enforcement is responding accordingly - for the most part.

TropicalSVT is simply reflecting the growing sentiment that the United States has become too permissive of destructive internal rhetoric. Too many Americans are complaining about America, & rather than doing something to change it for the better, they choose to make America weaker.

Like my dad used to say, "Byachin' is easy - anybody can byach. Doin' stuff. That takes character.". TropicalSVT, thanks for doin' stuff!

<S> (salute)

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#735529 09/03/03 10:56 PM
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
Originally posted by lithium398:
Originally posted by civic_smoker:
i know how you feel. my last ticket, the cop was sitting on the side of the freeway with his hood up. he had his radar gun pointing out the rear windshield and he was looking at it around the hood as he was bent over acting like he was fixing his car (it was a damn black chevy impala looked production issue totally unmarked) and i flew by him. by the time i realized he was a cop i couldnt slow down. BAM! got me for 105 in a 70, changing lanes without signalling and reckless driving. oops. anyway, i got all three thrown out in court because the judge thought the officer's methods were "Questionable".

but i dont think all cops are bad. some a dicks, thats true, but most are doing it cuz they love the job and are very decent people.

Rofl omfg you got pwned. You should have had to take all counts. your decision should probably be to not go 105 in a 70 [censored].

Im probably just starting more crap... but dimitri, you seem like a [censored] pu$$y. You get all mad when people like to drink (other post), and now you are against doing 10mph over the limit. You must be one boring s.o.b.

with that said, im sorry for pissin ya off. hahaha

Lol well the drinking thing was the fault of my own inability to express my opinion on the matter. Its ok to drink , you just shouldnt have to do it everytime you go somewhere.

I am anal about driving infractions to an extent. Because you risk my life , and other innocent peoples lives doing stupid [censored] like 106 in a 70. But I admit that sometimes I drive fast , but I dont do it in a manner to really endanger anyone but me. You are one boring SOB.

**theres nothing for me to insult

it was the freeway, everybody was doing 90-95 anyways . and i have complete confidence in my driving abilities, not to be cocky or anything, but i wasnt posing a danger to anyone but me. however, i never speed on city streets if i can help it.

95 GL MTX Zetec, Carbon Fiber hood: *neoprene seat covers *new SVT rear bumper *Proud Owner of 1962 Chevy Corvette 427
#735530 09/03/03 10:59 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tiv:
but many people seem to miss that he probably lives in
America because he believes that he has a small word in
telling what is right or wrong, maybe he also believes that
it is possible to change laws which are disliked by many.

Many people here seem to be happy to dictate others what to
do and what is right or wrong and tell them to leave 'their'
country at the first place. This country used to be built
by democratic values, and not by sending people away, but
accepting them. Looks like this country no longer needs that
spirit which builded a nation "e pluribus unum".

By no means am I telling him to leave the country. I am merely suggesting that to him because his view is not shared by the populus of this country. If he wants things his way all the time, maybe he should move to a country that supports such illicit behavior. The vast majority of the people in this country do not support the legalization of drugs. The vast majority of people in this country do not support reckless drivers. The vast majority of people in this country support law enforcement and the laws that they enforce. If that wasn't the case, then those laws would not be in place. This is the beauty of the republic that we live in.

Jacob 1999 Tropic Green SVT 1693/2760 3/30/1999 Knauberized Fog Light Mod
#735531 09/04/03 12:04 AM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TropicalSVT:
The vast majority of the people in this country do not support the legalization of drugs. The vast majority of people in this country do not support reckless drivers. The vast majority of people in this country support law enforcement and the laws that they enforce. If that wasn't the case, then those laws would not be in place. This is the beauty of the republic that we live in.

I think this is the major point of difference between our
opinions. If that what you're saying would be 100% correct,
prohibition, racial discrimination would be still in place,
women didn't have the right to vote etc. because (as your
logic follows) there was a point in time when the vast
majority of people supported those ideas thereby making
them into laws. Fortunately these laws have changed, because
there were certain individuals (in minority at the beginning)
who raised these questions and slowly managed to convince
the "vast majority".
Who knows, 20 years from now maybe people will think
about today's drug laws like we think about prohibition.

Same thing about speed limits: I believe with the advance
of technology speed limits should increase in general (they
did in the last 50 years). But for that to happen, there
needs to be voices dissatisfied with current ones, because
it won't happen just by itself.

T.

#735532 09/04/03 04:47 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
sorry i type in the dark and have big hands.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#735533 09/05/03 03:22 AM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by TropicalSVT:
Tell me, Lithium, is ignorance really bliss?

"Lets legalize cime and the crime rate will go down".

I guess you would have to kind of know me to not be able to say that im ignorant but i see what ur saying. But, if you thought a little outside of the box, saw the point i was trying to make, instead of fingering your a$$hole while reading through what i had to say, then you would see what point I was trying to make! Some of you out there are worthless, and since I was pretty busy with school and work, coming back here to catch up on the thread and read your senseless b$ was a waste of my time. Im not gonna go through all my stories of stupid cops, because you would start the finger-work again.

#735534 09/05/03 03:42 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
litium , you keep TRYING to be nice ,but you always fall back to the ashole ways.

#735535 09/05/03 03:57 AM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
litium , you keep TRYING to be nice ,but you always fall back to the ashole ways.

If I were trying to be nice, I wouldnt say anything at all. Normally im an ok guy, until I run into somebody that I realllllllllllllly realllllllllly disagree with, or just dont like.

#735536 09/05/03 04:00 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by lithium398:

If I were trying to be nice, I wouldnt say anything at all. Normally im an ok guy, until I run into somebody that I realllllllllllllly realllllllllly disagree with, or just dont like.

Ouch , my feelings

lol

#735537 09/05/03 04:32 AM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
all-in-all... you seem like a nice "sober-non-speeder-with-too-much-to-prove".

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard