Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#735518 09/03/03 03:28 AM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
Speaking of Amsterdam, Ive heard first hand accounts of the drug shops and the [censored] places they inhabit and the [censored] that surrounds them , legalizing it doesnt solve any problems other than more addicts.

gee, thanks for the help dimitri.

Ofcourse, dont go wild with getting rid of laws. Certain laws are not helpful. Ofcourse the [censored] the surounds those shops is messed up, because whatever that [censored] maybe, it is probably illegal here anyways. Laws are good and all, ofcourse, but some dont help.

#735519 09/03/03 04:17 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i feel that i am a save driver and know my car well enough to drive save at highs speeds. im not doing 100 in traffic but usually ill be doing 65 or 70 on a long empty road. but a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 45 is rediculous. its the main road of 2 that joins poinciana to kissimmee. the road use to be 55 the whole way back when it was just 2 lane now that it is a 4 lane its 45 about halfway and its rediculous. they build a road for better teravel than slow it down. when they do the speed traps on it they will come out in the middle of the raod and pull over a few cars at a time. the road seems like a road that is made for driving 55 and its like 12 or 13 miles. i dont think speeding is that big of a deal uness your just driving reckless or racing. all my accidents were from people running stop signs or red lights or people backing into me. all my accidents were also under 45 mph. i think the cosp could over look certain situtions. its one thing to be speeding down a empty road but on a busy road with lots a people thats not safe. once i got stopped at like 3 in the morning in my boys maxima and the brake lighst were just stuck as if i was braking and i was stopped for that. i told him i noticed it in the car when i got out and i cant do any6htign about it till i get hoem and im on my way now. he still gave me a ticket. i even had the hazard lights on. i hate the cosp that get a badge and just becoem the biggest bad a$$ now they they are a officer. one cop had stopped me and was cool and polite and asked me how many points i had and gave me a break with a seatbelt ticket. soem cops are ok and some just dont need a badge. once i was stoppe din a speed trap with 2 other peopel one guy was let go cause he spoke no english the other let go cause he looked like someone important in a nice suite and me i got the ticket. so i knwo there is somethign wrogn with the way they do things. the worst was when soem dude from england hit my supra. all he had was the rental car reciept and no kind of id and the cops didnt even want to right a ticket. if i had no id i would have been locked.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#735520 09/03/03 04:34 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i feel that i am a save driver and know my car well enough to drive save at highs speeds. im not doing 100 in traffic but usually ill be doing 65 or 70 on a long empty road. but a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 45 is rediculous. its the main road of 2 that joins poinciana to kissimmee. the road use to be 55 the whole way back when it was just 2 lane now that it is a 4 lane its 45 about halfway and its rediculous. they build a road for better teravel than slow it down. when they do the speed traps on it they will come out in the middle of the raod and pull over a few cars at a time. the road seems like a road that is made for driving 55 and its like 12 or 13 miles. i dont think speeding is that big of a deal uness your just driving reckless or racing. all my accidents were from people running stop signs or red lights or people backing into me. all my accidents were also under 45 mph. i think the cosp could over look certain situtions. its one thing to be speeding down a empty road but on a busy road with lots a people thats not safe. once i got stopped at like 3 in the morning in my boys maxima and the brake lighst were just stuck as if i was braking and i was stopped for that. i told him i noticed it in the car when i got out and i cant do any6htign about it till i get hoem and im on my way now. he still gave me a ticket. i even had the hazard lights on. i hate the cosp that get a badge and just becoem the biggest bad a$$ now they they are a officer. one cop had stopped me and was cool and polite and asked me how many points i had and gave me a break with a seatbelt ticket. soem cops are ok and some just dont need a badge. once i was stoppe din a speed trap with 2 other peopel one guy was let go cause he spoke no english the other let go cause he looked like someone important in a nice suite and me i got the ticket. so i knwo there is somethign wrogn with the way they do things. the worst was when soem dude from england hit my supra. all he had was the rental car reciept and no kind of id and the cops didnt even want to right a ticket. if i had no id i would have been locked.

Dude, you have seriously got to start paying more attention in English class...

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#735521 09/03/03 03:41 PM
N
N
I hear every bit of your anger. I was going to collage about 2 months ago and a punk of a bicycle cop steped out in front of me and almost got ran over. He ticket me for 57 in a 35. If thats not bad enough I was going to pay that ticket when a Highway Patrol pulled me over and gave me another ticket. I'm hoping when I get thru with the whole Paramedic schooling that I will never get another ticket again... So I know what you mean about not liking cops...

#735522 09/03/03 04:14 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Nikon:
I hear every bit of your anger. I was going to collage about 2 months ago and a punk of a bicycle cop steped out in front of me and almost got ran over. He ticket me for 57 in a 35. If thats not bad enough I was going to pay that ticket when a Highway Patrol pulled me over and gave me another ticket. I'm hoping when I get thru with the whole Paramedic schooling that I will never get another ticket again... So I know what you mean about not liking cops...

I know it's already been said, but for Christ's sake, if you're speeding and you get busted it's nobody's fault but your own. 57 in a 35 isn't nitpicking by any stretch. And then you keep speeding after you get a ticket and get another one... How is that the fault of some police officer?

I'm not gonna sit here and say I've never exceeded the speed limit. If I'm on the expressway I normally travel between 70-80, or whatever speed the flow of traffic is moving. If I get pulled over for speeding, then it's my fault because I've been careless about my speed and watching for cops. I simply DO NOT speed on surface streets 'cause that's where most of your speed traps get set.

I think some of you guys have an "everybody is out to get me" mentality. If you don't want to get hassled by police officers, don't speed and don't draw extra attention (illegal tint, lights, etc.) to your car. It's very simple.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#735523 09/03/03 04:30 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
The police here seem to enjoy pulling me over about once every couple months during my lunch break.

I've taken lunch at 3AM (night shift) every weeknight for 2 years. Once in awhile, as I leave the parking lot, a cruiser drops in behind me, and proceeds to follow my car, usually within a few feet of my rear bumper, for a few blocks then on come the wigwags.

I pull into a parking lot and sit in the car for 10 minutes while the officer masturbates, finishes his donut or whatever he's doing that takes so long. No biggie I just talk with whoever is in the car with me. Eventually he waddles up to my car and asks what I'm doing. "Reasons" for pulling me over often include such great lines as "You took that corner back there pretty fast", "I saw your vehicle exiting the Double Duece (bar located in the same mall as WalMart) lot", and one time because "You'll have to remove your aftermarket driving lights, they are too bright for on road use" (Stock focus fog lights)

My car is not hard to remember, alot of people around the city know me just by my car. It's one of about 10 ZX5s in the city, it's the only blue ZX5 in the city, and it has a giant Knukonceptz logo in the back window. I've been pulled over by this particular retard 7 times now, and 12 times in total by the idiots that get to drive CVs around this city.

I always tell him the same thing. I'm out for lunch, I work at WalMart, and I'd like to at least try to eat something before I head back. Last time I was more than a little angry about it. I guess I snapped when he shone the flashlight right in my eyes again. I asked why he keeps pulling me over despite knowing damn well I'm just on my break from work and getting something to eat. I guess it was a bad idea since he took my registration and license back to his car and sat there for a half hour. I waited. When he got back I told him if the same scenario plays out again I will have my attourney contact him and file a harassment suit against him personally. I have his name, and I have the car number and times marked down of the last 5 stops. I don't think he liked that much. That's fine I don't really care much for him either, he can shove that flashlight up his ass. If it happens again I might do it for him.

I'm not the only one it happens too either, last year my friend lost his license because after being pulled over twice in one lunch break he got mad and started getting lippy. The cop started writing tickets for various problems his car had. It was an old car and had rust, the dash lights stopped working, the exhaust was leaking behind the manifold. He got a few fixits

The problem of traffic violations/power abuse has come up a few times too. We'll be sitting outside on 8th street (main drag here) and see a cruiser pull up to the lights. He'll flip on the wig wags, go through the red, and pull into Tim Hortons for his coffee break. They like to blow through anything resembling intersection, nearly ran over a couple of my co-workers once.

I've determined that the police here are some of the worst people I've ever met. Complete losers with nothing to do. It's catching up to them though. A couple of them lost thier jobs for taking a drunk man out to the city limits and ditching him there. It would have been a wrist slap, only it was -30C and the man froze to death. More recently there have been sexual harassment problems going public.

Long story short, not all cops are "pigs" although that's not a good word to use. Some officers are really great people. Some are just complete [censored] and don't deserve to wear the uniform.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
#735524 09/03/03 06:26 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Speed limits are dictated by the traffic volumes, lane widths, intersections & their associated sight lines, and the types of intersecting roadways & the intersection/driveway interface frequency. How'd you like to try crossing that 4 laner during rush hour with a 55 speed limit? Ain't gonna happen - at least not safely.

In case you haven't guessed, roadway design is a major part of what I do for the municipality I work for. I'm in the process of performing an analysis of the roadway system & have been making many suggestions/recommendations to Palm Beach County for improvements to safety. Not that they did a bad job, the county is just growing so fast that they can't keep up.

And yes, language skills are cool.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#735525 09/03/03 08:57 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by lithium398:
Who makes these laws? Oh yeah, those nice friendly honest politicians... almost forgot. Just because something is the law, doesnt mean it is right or wrong. Police are just doing their job, ok I understand that, but many abuse their power.

So, its legal for a cop to endager lives on the road when they are doing about 65 on a busy street in Chicago? I dont see how that is. Oh and laws dont really apply to politicians unless it has to do with them taking money from the government. heh, so I feel like bringing up amsterdam again. How high is the crime rate there? How many issues do they have there? If you think about it, some laws actually induce crime. Marijuana is illegal, ok... so now drug dealers are out on the street selling it to minors and carrying guns. This is better than it being legal, and stores actually selling it? I dont do drugs, but just imagine if it was legal. Alcohol causes more problems than marijuana ever has. OH yeah, and that brings me to another point. Some of my friends have been stopped by a cop and could have been arrested for posession, but what the cop did, is he took the stuff for himself and let them go. He took their lighter too. (hmmm, i wonder?)

The autobahn also comes to mind...

Some of you need to walk in the shoes of the other person before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool.

Tell me, Lithium, is ignorance really bliss?

"Lets legalize cime and the crime rate will go down".

I live in America by choice, and you probably do too. If you want to live in Amsterdam, go. If you want to live in Germany, go.

And, your friends, do they share the same brain as you? I mean, complaining because they weren't arrested for possession of a joint? And then you have the cojones to say that the cop probably took it for himself.

One more thing, I have walked in the shoes of the public citizen. I have been pulled over and given tickets. I have seen reckless drivers almost cause serious crashes. And, I have seen the death and destruction that alcohol, drugs, speed, and stupidity can cause on the roadways of Florida first hand.

Jacob 1999 Tropic Green SVT 1693/2760 3/30/1999 Knauberized Fog Light Mod
#735526 09/03/03 09:33 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TropicalSVT:

"Lets legalize cime and the crime rate will go down".

I live in America by choice, and you probably do too. If you want to live in Amsterdam, go. If you want to live in Germany, go.

This probably should go to Common Interest or locked down,
but many people seem to miss that he probably lives in
America because he believes that he has a small word in
telling what is right or wrong, maybe he also believes that
it is possible to change laws which are disliked by many.

Many people here seem to be happy to dictate others what to
do and what is right or wrong and tell them to leave 'their'
country at the first place. This country used to be built
by democratic values, and not by sending people away, but
accepting them. Looks like this country no longer needs that
spirit which builded a nation "e pluribus unum".

Maybe it'll be better if those people really leave - there
are millions at the door waiting to come in. They are coming
and coming, from India, China, Russia, South America - and
probably they wouldn't bring from home such a strong need
for settling any issues in a "democratic way" and those
people who stay here will be happier to live with them.
They are used to follow what they're told - the ideal
citizen for you. Welcome to the happy world of no disputes.

Sorry for venting out. This thread indeed needs to be locked.

T.

#735527 09/03/03 10:20 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
The police here seem to enjoy pulling me over about once every couple months during my lunch break.

I've taken lunch at 3AM (night shift) every weeknight for 2 years. Once in awhile, as I leave the parking lot, a cruiser drops in behind me, and proceeds to follow my car, usually within a few feet of my rear bumper, for a few blocks then on come the wigwags.

I pull into a parking lot and sit in the car for 10 minutes while the officer masturbates, finishes his donut or whatever he's doing that takes so long. No biggie I just talk with whoever is in the car with me. Eventually he waddles up to my car and asks what I'm doing. "Reasons" for pulling me over often include such great lines as "You took that corner back there pretty fast", "I saw your vehicle exiting the Double Duece (bar located in the same mall as WalMart) lot", and one time because "You'll have to remove your aftermarket driving lights, they are too bright for on road use" (Stock focus fog lights)

My car is not hard to remember, alot of people around the city know me just by my car. It's one of about 10 ZX5s in the city, it's the only blue ZX5 in the city, and it has a giant Knukonceptz logo in the back window. I've been pulled over by this particular retard 7 times now, and 12 times in total by the idiots that get to drive CVs around this city.

I always tell him the same thing. I'm out for lunch, I work at WalMart, and I'd like to at least try to eat something before I head back. Last time I was more than a little angry about it. I guess I snapped when he shone the flashlight right in my eyes again. I asked why he keeps pulling me over despite knowing damn well I'm just on my break from work and getting something to eat. I guess it was a bad idea since he took my registration and license back to his car and sat there for a half hour. I waited. When he got back I told him if the same scenario plays out again I will have my attourney contact him and file a harassment suit against him personally. I have his name, and I have the car number and times marked down of the last 5 stops. I don't think he liked that much. That's fine I don't really care much for him either, he can shove that flashlight up his ass. If it happens again I might do it for him.

Unlike some of you punks complaining about getting a ticket for 15 over, this is a good example of a cop abusing his power.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard