Originally posted by OLDS442455:
Hi all .
This is one Quistion that I was unable to find a answer for ..
This is a 4 Cylnder ZTEC 16 VALVE engine.,
I was changing the spark plugs and the #1 plug was dripping with oil but all the others wher normal.
Might this be a Valve stem seal gone bad??? If this is the cause how difficalt is it to replace a valve stem seal on this car or will I have to take a lot off the top of the engine to get to the source of the problem?
Thanks for any help,.

I don't know if your fix will be as easy as mine, and the #2 post may be applicable to you, but for me, it was the #3 plug, not the #1 which is even closer to the oil fill. But I noticed that the oil was clean, and new. If you look down the plug valley you'll see that if you spill oil it runs right into the sparkplug holes. I saw no oil fouled plug, no burnt oil, nothing but some oil all over the tip and the threads. But after I cleaned it off, and cleaned tho oil out of the hole I never had the problem again. So check out this free fix before you go to another, more expensive fix.

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.