I know I spent too much on my car, well when I bought it I was making only about 38K/year and I got shafted on the trade in and since I bought it new in 00 the APR was 12%, I was paying $430/Month on a five year contract for my tour and that was with my trade in !!!, granted I bought the extended 60K mile warranty and also the upgraded Ford Security system but still, I got the shaft...

I ended up getting a bump in salary to 51K/year and I refinanaced through my companies credit union as they were offereing a 6% APR on used vehicles which dropped my monthly to $300, I planned on paying the old payment towards the new lower rate and getting it out of the way early but I had to leave that job because my fiancee got something in another state, now I am back to making about 40K and I can only afford to pay $300/month on it due to my other travel expenses...I think I still owe 9-10K on the car, not sure though...

I have been complaining on and off for the past few months on the poor build quality of my tour, performance is ok but man it is a major piece of junk...I really wish I could get out of it but I feel that I would take too great of a hit, and I am better off just riding it out and trying to pay it off before I hit 60K miles, the only good thing is I only have 35K on the car and it is a 2000 since I take the train in to work and also maintenece costs have been low...but other than that I want out and I want out soon, I just want to buy something used for like 15K that is nicer and call it quits.

oh well.

2000 Black Contour SVT Western/Central Massachusetts