Originally posted by mavrock:
Like I said...I am not the expert here, my father is the one who is the knowledgable one here and 99 out of 100 times he's right on, and there's Internet proof to back it up on more than one site...it's just not a hugely known fact. When people say "SVO" they automatically and only think of the Mustang...they're wrong, plain and simple.

The TBird may not bear the logo, but the SVO heritage is there.

Do you know or work w/ people who were IN THE SVO in Ford at the time they were building these? Did YOU have the inside view back in the mid 80's? All I can say is that he did.

If you really want to know, why not go and post the question on NATO? (www.turbotbird.com)

SVO didn't make the Turbocoupe, plain and simple. Some of the stuff that was developed for the SVO Mustang was adapted to the T-bird, but to say SVO was responsible for the car is a ridiculous stretch. Heck, maybe I should start calling my XR4Ti an SVO XR4Ti, it is a heck of a lot closer to the same motor as an SVO than the 87-88 turbocoupe . . . heck even the computer is a direct swap . . .

This whole thread sounds like a serious case of badge envy to me . . . just like when we all hear the ridiculous statement that the early SE was the "original SVT"

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net