Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Originally posted by mavrock:
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Like I said a few posts ago...SVT didn't exist until after the Turbocoupe was long gone...there were quite a few parts in the Motorsport catalog, but nothing from SVO.

The first part is correct, but the SVO DID BUILD THE TURBO COUPES.

As for the people who say it's not SVT...the SVO WAS the old-school SVT...they just renamed it a few years later.

SVO played no role in the Turbocoupe...The only relation is that SVO made a mustang using the same engine. They began working with the Tbird when they thought the Mustang was going to be canceled, but nothing ever came of that except a few parts in the Motorsport catalog (and some people say the rear disk brakes on the 87-88's, but its never been confirmed) .

Well I had to prove my point, so I went and found a couple sites that confirm what I was trying to say. Check out this one or specifically this one for info.
There are more out there, but this was on of the most blatant ones aside from the sites that had pictures (magazine articles, promotions) of SVO products w/ the Mustang and Turbo Coupe together.
I may not have been entirely accurate in saying that the SVO built the Turbo Coupe from the ground-up, but they CERTAINLY had a hand in designing/engineering 95% of it for sure.

The Turbo Coupe is definitely a product of the SVO.

-Brian 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 ATX - British Racing Green (two-tone) - 44,000+ miles Former owner of a black '99 SE Sport Duratec ATX - 107,000+ miles