Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
What's so amusing is that SVT didn't even exist when the car was made!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
if he has SVT parts on the car, i see no problem with it...

i'm sure nobody is going to say that their car is the "eibach" model if there's a sticker on the car - correct?

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I dont however believe SVT makes any type of part for an 87/88 TurboCoupe, but correct me if Im wrong.
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Like I said a few posts ago...SVT didn't exist until after the Turbocoupe was long gone...there were quite a few parts in the Motorsport catalog, but nothing from SVO.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
I hate fake badging on cars. Nobody ever put fake "GTO", "SS", or "Boss 302" badges on cars in the muscle car era!

I cannot begin to tell you how many fake SS's are out there, and yes, people did this in the "era".

I would say better than 75% of "SS"'s on the road are "clones", that is, they appear the same and sometimes even have the correct option of engine, but they rolled of the line something less than an SS. In my experience, Chevelle SS clones are very common.

This does not in any way excuse illegitimate badging on cars, it's all horseshit IMO.

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:

...I hate fake badging on cars. Nobody ever put fake "GTO", "SS", or "Boss 302" badges on cars in the muscle car era!

Err, I was there, yes they did. 6 cyl. Tempest, GTO badging. 6 cyl. Camaro, SS badging. Ever see a Shelby Mustang notchback with 13 in. tires?

It wasn't rice back then, but it was just as stupid.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Like I said a few posts ago...SVT didn't exist until after the Turbocoupe was long gone...there were quite a few parts in the Motorsport catalog, but nothing from SVO.

Really, although I would not approve of an SVT or SVO badge on the 87-88 TurboCoupe, I would not mind a SMALL SVO sticker on the glass or a front plate as that engine was basically the SVO Mustang engine, a 2.3 liter intercooled turbo. Earlier year TurboCoupes were not intercooled.

Automatic versions had single exhaust, only 150hp. MTX models had duals and 190hp. I had one (88 MTX), wish I still did now that I could afford to mod it.

Oh yeah, FWIW, the SVO Stangs ran a quicker 1/4 mile than the V8 GT's of the same model years . I would say the 200 hp rating for the Stang was conservative, and from my experience so was the 190hp for the TurboCoupe.

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tastethefury:
I have a Ranger with a Roush sticker on the windsheild. It has a high flow cat, flowmaster, poly suspension bushings, and had 18" Roush wheels. The guy that owned it before me did all that at Roush, where he worked. So...I'm still a poser. The truck looked really amazing, and people I went to school with started making rumors that it ran 12's or some crazy crap. People would come up to me and ask that..Oh well, I'm less of a poser than some people. I saw a Topaz with a Roush sticker on the windsheild. bastards.

Is your truck yellow?
A few years back, I used to see a yellow Ranger with Roush stickers and wheels, Steeda badging, Saleen badging, and an SVT badge driving around Orlando. It always used to make me laugh.

Jacob 1999 Tropic Green SVT 1693/2760 3/30/1999 Knauberized Fog Light Mod
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Did SVT ever do a Lincoln Mark VIII?

Didn't think so, but I saw one a few weeks ago...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TropicalSVT:
Originally posted by tastethefury:
I have a Ranger with a Roush sticker on the windsheild. It has a high flow cat, flowmaster, poly suspension bushings, and had 18" Roush wheels. The guy that owned it before me did all that at Roush, where he worked. So...I'm still a poser. The truck looked really amazing, and people I went to school with started making rumors that it ran 12's or some crazy crap. People would come up to me and ask that..Oh well, I'm less of a poser than some people. I saw a Topaz with a Roush sticker on the windsheild. bastards.

Is your truck yellow?
A few years back, I used to see a yellow Ranger with Roush stickers and wheels, Steeda badging, Saleen badging, and an SVT badge driving around Orlando. It always used to make me laugh.

Naa, my truck is black. And actually I've taken the windsheild sticker off a while back, it still has a little 2x10 in the back window though. Roush/Steeda/Saleen/SVT? sounds like one amazing machine

redcontour.20megsfree.com/photo.html 98 T-Red SE Sport ATX ST200s Slightly Lowered Catless Y-Pipe Resonator Removed Clear Front Lenses Side Markers SVT Seats
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard