Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by hmouta:
what there an actual how to posted at some point by anyone, not necessarily in this thread. i'll be installing over the weekend and likely needing some instructions to follow or a howto. put the pin in, dont put the pin in......yadda yadda yadda

Just follow the included instructions and you'll be fine. Only differences: leave out the coil spring and that black piece of metal that was included with the kit.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Hey Ray and all the 2000 people that were wondering, I dug up Y2KSVT's old post where he said what he had to do to get the Steeda to fit...

Quote:

Well it all depends on what style of shifter tower you have if you need a riser plate. I want to take a look at the 98 style because it is different than my 2000. I have the Steeda in my car and it is not raised at all. I just took the exhaust heat shield down, took the whole shift assembly off and made a plate to go under the car and took the floor off the stock assembly. It's hard to explain but you just take off the plastic floor piece and put the shift assembly back on, then go up from under the car and screw the new plate on so the shifter has clearance.

This looked like one of the two ways I had thought of I just didn't want to get under my car and take that stuff apart. But maybe it will be easier than the plate I was going to make to raise the front shaft. I guess I will be looking at it this weekend.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by RayL5480:
im sorry guys this isnt working out with the 00' year models.im trying to get a fix asap.

Hey Ray, were you guys able to figure anything out looking at the 2000? Or should I try and find someone with a 98/99 to sell mine to...

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Nobody needs to sell their shifter... Just PM me and I can get give you a How-To on the shifter install... It's not hard and you won't need a "riser plate"... The plate goes under the car and won't raise the shifter at all... Just PM me if you need any help

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Originally posted by RayL5480:
im sorry guys this isnt working out with the 00' year models.im trying to get a fix asap.

Hey Ray, were you guys able to figure anything out looking at the 2000? Or should I try and find someone with a 98/99 to sell mine to...

You can still install the shifter you just don't need the plate. We are trying to find buyers for the plates. I believe that we have a few sold. We are still working on it. Thanks for being patient.

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Got the shifter in my 2000. I cut out the bottom and added a new piece on the bottom. Shifts great.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
svtavino,

Could you please elaborate on what you did to install the shifter? On what did you cut out the bottom and what did new piece did you add? Unfortunately I couldn't have my car down for any long periods of time to figure out what needed to be done so I'm relying on the experiences of those that have done it.

Thanks,

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
CEG\'er
CEG\'er

Installed my shifter today, had a few issues but got everything worked out. The reverse lock out from the stock set up will not work with the steeda shifter because it is shorter, otherwise everything else is perfect. The 1-2 shift is really short!!

98.5 Blk CSVT #6479 --------------------
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
He!! YEAH!!!glad to hear some of you guys are getting your shifters in.work has had me up to my ears in stuff to do so i havnt had any time to try and find a fix.it took me awhile to get my timing back with the 1-2 shift being so short,but now i love it.does anyones clutch release really high with an aftermarket clutch or stock clutch.thanks for all the help guys. Ray

(2)1994 mustang GTs 2001 gt convertible loaded.www.haywoodspeed.com
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I would love to try this solution but have no way of getting under the car

If I could see what needed to be cut and such it doesn't sound too bad although I will probably seal mine once cut to prevent the elements getting to the inside if it goes that far.

Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard