Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Day 0:

Strip car of parts in the way and things that need to be painted, gut headlamps (again), split grill, re-position hood scoop, remove xm antenna, wing, sidemarkers, stuff.

mounting job for the wing... hey it aint gonna come off!

parts marked for painting

OMG MY CAR!!!!

yeah, we smoke too much

heh, yeah, its a big hole, very functional too! engine temp is ridiculously (sp?) low!

I GRIND STUFF!!!!!!!

scoop re-positioned

hood back on the car

all day 0 pics here
http://www.mammoth.org/~speddmn/paintjob2/day0/

i will update this post every day this week with new pics (assuming i can get a ride to the body shop every day over lunch )

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
whew, it's a good thing you braced that huge wing with all that heavy welded steel! Would hate for it to fly off due to all the drag. or dent your trunk with all the downforce. j/k, I dig the scoop though.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
i vote for a molded hood scoop...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
SpeedDemon, looks great, can't wait to see it painted
keep us updated!

98 SVT Stock for now
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
not sure if it's just my browser, but I can't really see the last 2 pics very well. They're kinda dark.

that first pic is freaking me out. There's a ghostly figure standing in the background

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
unbelivable!

I love seeing pics of the progress being made!

Any snags as of yet?

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
unbelivable!

I love seeing pics of the progress being made!

Any snags as of yet?

i dont have windshield squirters anymore...

oh well, small price to pay

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
hows the fitment of that front bumper? i plan on getting the front sometime, but dont wanna deal with haveing fitment issues and paying extra to make it fit.

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
the finish on the bumper could be better in mine and my body guys estimate, but the build quality and fitment are out-standing, the thing bolts in there perfectly just as it should, my body guy is just going to fill, sand, smooth, primer and paint it, theres no cutting, extra glassing etc to be done to it, kudos to kaotic on that one!

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
not sure if it's just my browser, but I can't really see the last 2 pics very well. They're kinda dark.

Same here. Do you have any better pics of the hood scoop on the car? Can't quite make it out.

I like that color on your front bumper. What color are you going to paint the car?

-Bishop

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard