Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Good luck.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
M
M
MSDS is the only real header manufacture since Sean Highland dropped out of making Tour parts. I bought a set directly from MSDS which took about 6 weeks to get. I paid a little more not group buying, but didn't have to wait as long. You may also purchase them at the SHOP Shop but they have a comflict since they make their own Y-pipe; the SHO Shop header is a MSDS set without the Y-pipe. Remember that MSDS will not offer their warranty unless you use their "supported" Y-pipe. There is a debate on which Y-pipe will give you the most performance. I choose to sell my SHO Shop Y-pipe since most of the performance is in the header not the Y-pipe. Also you should note that headers are intended for racing not street use. It gets rid of the two CATs in the exhaust manifolds and may not pass emissions, if your state tests. My does not. Go luck.

P.S. Depending on your tranny problems and cars age, you may want to upgrade your sifter cable endlinks. Check with Terry Haines at Haines Motorsports for further info, if you are interested.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by topgunz_1:
customcougars.com has some stainless steel headers for the cougar, I hear after the prototypes they got their quality up, I think they should work on a tour

They will not work on a contour without a lot of modification. (They are made for the new (late 01+) Cougars)
Also they are below average quality.

Buy the real MSDS headers if you are interested in headers. Not some cheaply made knock-off.

There is a wealth of information about & against them is a few old posts...

I agree with demon on this, i know some people that were involved with this...(i believe wepon R built them) They didn;t even test fit them when they set them out...they looked up lined it up and said, "ok"

There not a good fit for our cars...ok ok....there crap. MSDS is the best out there right now, thats an ok price.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
T
T
Hi Cindy,

Tough break on the car. That's how my project started. Car quit. Time to spend some serious jing and get what I really want.

MSDS headers are the way to go. I personally own a set. Can't tell you how they work. My car is completely stripped inside and out. I have done about 3 years of research before I bought any parts for my car( 98 Mystique ).
I have spent almost $15,000 on aftermarket performance upgrades, and MSDS headers were in the purchase for all of the right reasons. You won't be dissappointed if you decide on these.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard