Originally posted by Kappa2006:
I searched this topic and noticed that doing this helps with horsepower and helps the engine last longer. How would I go about doing this?

A how-to located in the how-to's off the main page.
UIM/LIM Rebuild

Right now I want to try getting my newly replaced engine working 100% before I continue on with the mods.

Good man....Getting the car running 100% or close to it is the best thing - it also helps get the max out of the money you spend on your mods.

Also, how would I clean out my air intake and throttlebody?

Air intake is easy to clean - blow off all dust - spray with K&N cleaner - rinse off - oil up. The kit can be purchased at Autozone in the K&N section for ~ $15 bucks. The throttle body instructions will be in the How-to link above.

Lastly, would replacing my plugs and wires with better ones effect my engine noticeably?

That depends. If their is nothing wrong with the current plugs and wires you have in the car, then probably not. The difference would not be too noticeable - however, it doesn't hurt to replace them if they're due. If the wires are shot to sh*t and the plugs are crap and your car is hesitating like a bastid...then yes - you will see the car idle smoother, run smoother and overall - it will be noticeable.

All of your info and tips is apreciated.

You're welcome.

ALSO...I hear people with svts can chirp second gear. Can't seem to do that on mine. Is this a sign I need to do the above maintenance or get a new clutch? Thanks again.

you're probably not shifting fast enough. yes - i can chirp second and third occasionaly - but i don't do it all the time. Seeing how you just replaced your engine - I would enjoy the engine for now - otherwise you'll be replacing the tranny as well.

Hope that helps.

later.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr