Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
you think its a funny reaction from a mazda salesman, try convincing a Jaguar salesman that its nearly identical to the contour. it really is practically identical interior-wise and driveability-wise. in fact, if you really love your contour, go look at some 01/02 Xtype 3.0s (with loooow miles). you can get them with a manual, FULLY loaded, and with AWD!!! for about the same price as a brand new 6.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by CodeRed18s:
Mazda dealers act as if they are so above Fords, but forget that Mazda is controlled by Dearborn. In fact there would be no Mazda 6 if it were not for FoMoCo.

Or MPV or B2000 truck for that matter.

As car people it's up to us to be informed about the new car we're interested in buying. Don't count on the salesmen. You may get a really knowledgable one(about the product), but in most cases you won't. When I buy a new car I already know everything about it before I step in to the show room. In the age of the internet how could you not?? All I want from a sales person is to make the deal with me.

My salesman knew nothing about the Sierra except for the typical "this is what makes GMC trucks better than others" sales pitch. I tell them to save it and lets talk money!! The same dealership I bought my truck at I actually walked out of last year. After I made the deal they changed the #'s around creating a higher sale price than negotiated. I walked right away from the deal!! I then complained to the sales manager and was promised that I would be well taken care of if I go back. I did go back (a year later, only because of the LARGE selection!!) and I mentioned my previous experience. THEY KISSED MY A**! I even walked away with a 5 yr 100K miles extended warranty (for free) due to my past experience! In the end I was glad I went back.

If you're a serious buyer it PAYS to talk to the sales manager.

Parting out 95-97 Contours/Mystiques. Contact me directly at ALFIGOLS@yahoo.com if you're looking for a particular part.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Sounds like something that just happened to a really good friend of mine. He went to a Nissan dealership to test drive a 350z. Being 23 years old, the salesman mocked him and said that he wasn't going to let him test drive the car. Being the patient guy he is, he let the salesman talk down to him until he finally reached into his pocket to pull out the $30k Cashier's Check he had from one of his investment properties, that he was willing to put down on the new 350z. Needless to say, he called the sales manager and let him know what kind of an incompetent idiot he had working for him. You can guess what happened, the salesman told him to talk directly to him as he'd take GOOD care of him if he were to still be interested in the car.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
actually since salesmanagers are the ones who put all the numbers together for the salesman...it doesnt matter who you talk to..in the end you'll get the same number, the salesmangar might make you feel better about the a$$ pounding your about to get,but thats his job,thats why he's were he is, making 80k+ a year...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by tour96se:
actually since salesmanagers are the ones who put all the numbers together for the salesman...it doesnt matter who you talk to..in the end you'll get the same number, the salesmangar might make you feel better about the a$$ pounding your about to get,but thats his job,thats why he's were he is, making 80k+ a year...

I understand that. But the fact of the matter is, I'm more likely to be treated with a little respect from the sales manager, as opposed to some salesman that'll most likely be losing his job within the month anyway. I also feel more comfortable going straight to the top, and bypassing the BS that the typical salesman tries to throw at me. I know what I'm looking for, I don't someone to tell me what's right for me. Give me the sales manager and we'll discuss what's important, price.

Mark

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

I understand that. But the fact of the matter is, I'm more likely to be treated with a little respect from the sales manager, as opposed to some salesman that'll most likely be losing his job within the month anyway. I also feel more comfortable going straight to the top, and bypassing the BS that the typical salesman tries to throw at me. I know what I'm looking for, I don't someone to tell me what's right for me. Give me the sales manager and we'll discuss what's important, price.

Mark

....well if you want to go straight to the top, than your missing your mark with the salesmanger...the general sales manager..and in most stores even the owner is hidden deep in the offices somewere,all of which have more power over the price than the salesmanager...besides most salesman arent fired..they jump from store to store...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
also...even if you skip the salesman to get higher up,your still supporting the salesman,b/c sm dont get credit for the sale,the comm, either goes to the guy who was next up, or the guy who greeted you on the way in

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That's fine. I really could care less if the guy that washes the car before I pick it up gets the commission. My point is, I don't like to d!ck with people who aren't going to work with me. If I go straight to the sales manager and they don't want to work with me, I'll go to the general sales manager, and to the owner from there if I have to. I know that the salesman doesn't have the authority in most cases to haggle price, so I go to someone who can. If that person can't get me where I want to be, then I'll go to the next person up the ladder and so forth. If I still can't get it, then it's not that important to me. I'll wait for them to call me back and tell me they can't get rid of item "X", and that they'll come down to the price they should have come down to in the first place.

Mark

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
if only sales really worked that way

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
if only sales really worked that way

I understand how sales works. And I'm not talking specifically about automotive sales. It has to do with sales as a general. If I know a price is negotiable, you better believe I'm going to talk you down. If you aren't willing to meet my price, then you won't make the sale, plain and simple. Only I know what I want to spend. If your bottom dollar doesn't agree with what I'm willing to spend, then that's the end of it. And I've had sales managers at different levels of retail, call me and state that they would be willing to come down to my offered price, after everyone in their store has told me no. It's all a game, and it's just a matter of who will break.

Mark

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard