ezsvt,

I can go you one better. I was ready to sign for a Mazda 323 back in 1987. I called the dealer and said I would leave work at about 4:30, pick up my mom (who had to cosign for the employed, but no-credit history soon to be college grad) and I'd be there around 6PM, so would they have the car, and paperwork ready, would they be open, etc.

Sure,

So I drive my heap (a 1975 Buick Century) to get Mom, pick her up from work, and drive back to the Mazda dealer.

Closed!

She suggests that we visit one of her clients (she was an ad rep for a local paper)

So I buy a Chevy Beretta that night, and called the dealership the next day and let them know that I didn't need to buy the car from them, since they said they would be open and weren't when I showed up.

And you know what, back in the late 80's the Beretta was compared favorably to BMW 3'ers of that day, much like the Contour was during it's heyday.

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004