I would have said something like "Wow...thats surprisingly ignorant. Is there another salesperson available that knows a little bit more?" Or ask to speak to the manager. Of course its tough to come up with the right way to react to something like that when it happens out of the blue and you just werent ready for it. I've had good experiences and bad experiences with car salespeople -- as someone mentioned, some of them just do not have all the facts and are really not interested enough in the cars to bother to get all the facts. And some are just downright pushy "lets go into the office and work through the details, shall we?"

My favorite own story is I went to a dealership that I had called ahead of time to see if they would be open and if I got there 15 minutes before close if they would let me test drive a car I was interested in, and he said sure no problem come on down. Well I show up, and ask to drive the car, and the salesguy like, well we are almost closed, are you going to buy the car? I said I dont know, thats why I came to drive it. I asked if the other salesguy was there, and he said no hes busy in the back and wouldnt get him. Then he basically told me I needed to come back tomorrow they were closing and needed to move the cars around-- very annoyed to say the least I started walking towards my car and the I hear the guy complaining that he hasnt sold a single car this week to another sales guy. Well no f**king kidding a**hole!

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org