Originally posted by Peach:
I sure as hell wouldn't want to deal with that salesman after his comments on my current car. It just sounds downright rude the way it was said. You do have to be aggresive and think on your feet in sales (basically be crooked) but that is no excuse for personal comments to be made to the customer in a negative manner.

He was rude. There are much better ways to sell & make money - I know since I worked my way through college as a wine salesman. The "my cars are great, everything else is crap" attitude will cost this bozo money, and it should.

Like most people, you went into the dealership because you were interested in the cars there. He should know that you bought your 'Tour because it had virtues that you valued & should not have bad mouthed it. People hate to hear bad things about their judgements concerning anything - especially such major investments as a car.

Selling is easy, just find out what the person wants in a car. Find out what their plans are in the future to be sure the car will continue to fulfill their needs. Then show them what they wanted, followed by a suggestion of what else may fit them - perhaps fit better. I love choices, don't you?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.