Originally posted by 96SEMAN:
Took a look at the mazda 6 today,and was somewhat surprised when I pointed to my contour outside and told
the salesman that I considered the 6 to be it's replacement as ford had no V-6 5-speed 4 door car available
and he became quite offended. He assured me that the 6 had nothing in common with Fords and was a com-
pletely new Mazda only design,and that a lowly contour was nowhere near the quality and luxury/power of
this new Mazda. I was somewhat taken aback as was my wife so we left without even a test drive,looks like
I will have to consider going to another dealer in another city before I'd buy one from them.
Anyone else run into this kinda attitude?

Should have bet him the car.

You to Mr Salesman: "If I can show you the link between the Contour and the Mazda 6S, will you give me thar car for free?"

You to Mr Salesman: "You understand that I only buy from folks who are 100% honest to me, and I will ask you questions that I already know the answer, to test your honesty."

I know a guy at a Mazda MPV board who got lifetime free oil changes from the service manager, by showing him the FL820S oil filter on his 2.5L Duratec engine. The service manager was certain they had a special Mazda filter.

Of course this guy knows the service manager, so it wasn't that big a deal, and he brings the synthetic oil and K&N filter to them to do the change.

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004