Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#715986 09/07/03 06:10 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
My neighbor installed the filter kit on his 96 SE this past week and I saw the finished product yesterday.

He could not find a suitable location under the car, so it ended up in the area that the battery was in before he moved the battery to the trunk. Pictures may follow, but it will probably be several days or even a few weeks.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#715987 09/10/03 08:15 PM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
There is also another auxiliary filter that mounts inline one of the cooler lines. It is called the Magnefine and has an internal magnet as well as filter media. I haven't used one, but my brother has a late model Camaro and has used one for several years now. I think he changes it about every 15k and it costs only about $10.
As for Lubeguard, I bought mine from my local Napa store. They stocked several types.

Dan B. 96 SE 2.5 auto
#715988 09/22/03 02:20 AM
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SKWAT:
Where do you get them? I couldn't find it on the web.

Summit has it for $28, in case anyone is still looking for one.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
#715989 11/07/03 06:35 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
mines right in the spot near the coolant resovior

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
#715990 11/07/03 11:34 PM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
mines right in the spot near the coolant resovior

Pics dude!!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#715991 01/02/04 05:40 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Big Jim:
For those of you with an ATX that would like to be able to add a trans filter that you can easily change, take a look at a B&M Remote Transmission Filter. Part number 80277.

Basically it is added to one of the cooler lines. The B&M system uses a conventional spin on oil filter. I'll be adding one to my wife's new Escape in the next few weeks.

Thanks again Jim.
I just read a CEG post about flushing the tranny :
Filter change

My question is that if the tranny filter is made of a felt material (see article), and it becomes plugged then the filter is inhibiting the flow of fluids to vital parts. The secondary will improve filtering, but it the primary filter plugs up then we still have a problem?? There must be something different about the Countours ATX filter, as you cannot get at them.

------------------------------------------------- 1996SE sports package, Duratec MTX No mods yet. 80K Kilometers. ------------------------------------------------- Wife has 1996GL Zetec ATX.
#715992 01/02/04 08:07 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by jborge:
My question is that if the tranny filter is made of a felt material (see article), and it becomes plugged then the filter is inhibiting the flow of fluids to vital parts.

The CD4E Sump Filter is NOT made from Felt.
It is simply a Sump Pickup that has a fine screen attached to it,
and it is designed so that if the screen were to be clogged with debris,
the ATX Oil could still find a path around the clogged screen,
and make it to the Oil Pump without the flow being impeded.
FilterTek won a Customer Service Award from FORD for this redesign.
The FilterTek Sump Filter is the one currently used in ALL FORD CD4E transaxles.

The HEAT PROBLEM that the CD4E has is NOT because of the SUMP Filter.
unisys12 has pointed out in many posts that the HEAT problem
is related to premature Valve Body wear cause by the valves that FORD chose to install in the valve body.
The Valve that controls the flow of ATX Oil to the external ATX Oil cooler
can be bound in a position that limite ATX Oil flow to the External cooler,
as well as SPIKING INTERNAL OIL PRESSURE.
The two of these combined create a situation that causes a huge amount
of unnecessary stress within the CD4E and this is what causes
the heat and premature failure.
This is also the cause for CD4E cases to crack and fail!

What the question here should be is since WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT...

What is FORD doing about it ???

We know how to cure the problem, yet FORD does NOTHING in its REMAN CD4E units to cure this problem.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
#715993 01/02/04 10:07 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

Thanks for the clarification RoadRunner. I can see the importance of the secondary filter.

------------------------------------------------- 1996SE sports package, Duratec MTX No mods yet. 80K Kilometers. ------------------------------------------------- Wife has 1996GL Zetec ATX.
#715994 01/08/04 05:38 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:
See more and more ads for Lubegard products. Specs look good. Doesn't look snakie. All some of the products do is turn Mercon into Mercon V. I've seen lots of complaints on other boards about transmission shudder. Flushing the system seems to solve the problem. ATX fluid doesn't live as long around here, especially when it gets in the 100s.

My Contour and Cougar customers who use the AMSOIL synthetic ATF fluid are quite happy with it and it provides protection over a much larger temperature range than standard fluids. I have folks in California and Florida who run in some very hot weather also. (ATF Specification)..

Also, here is what happened with Ford and their Mercon and Mercon V debacle. AMSOIL, being a synthetic, meets and exceeds all Ford specifications.

- Rich LBC Performance Motorsports Group/AMSOIL '98 Cougar V6 ATX aka 'Candy Striper' Photos
#715995 01/08/04 06:04 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Big Jim:
For those of you with an ATX that would like to be able to add a trans filter that you can easily change, take a look at a B&M Remote Transmission Filter. Part number 80277.

Basically it is added to one of the cooler lines. The B&M system uses a conventional spin on oil filter. I'll be adding one to my wife's new Escape in the next few weeks.

Great Idea.. I'm an independent AMSOIL dealer and though that their hardware used in the Bypass Oil Filter install could be adapted to the external ATX filter problem.. all the hardware is available to be purchased separately.. fittings .. brackets .. Synthetic ATF and Filters of course...

- Rich LBC Performance Motorsports Group/AMSOIL '98 Cougar V6 ATX aka 'Candy Striper' Photos
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard