I don't know about this Sadeeq. I had my heart set on a certain black 2000 VR6 Jetta when I found my SVT. I had driven the 1.8T Jetta and decided the VR6 would be better, more reliable or whatever. Then I drove the SVT...the rest is history, and I don't even like Fords! It is a fact that the VW cars have a much better aftermarket, but even with many mods it won't touch the SVT in style or performance IMHO. On top of that, you could EASILY get a low miles SVT, whatever year, for under 20K. You could probably get it for under 10K! Another thing...Jettas are everywhere! I've seen less than 10 SVT Contours in Washington, including the meets! I don't know man, seems like a really simple decision to me. Whatever you do, just make sure you're happy with it. If you're looking for something specific let me know. I've got some hook ups in that department.

Mike

P.S. If you need to drive an SVT to get that fire back in your blood let me know. I'll be right up!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress