Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#711831 08/06/03 03:05 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Quote:

what a friggin' stupid comment....if you had soooooo many problems then why did you keep buying fords then...seems kinda stupid to me.....i certainly wouldn't keep buying a brand of car if i kept having major problems with them...

Actually, I you read his post he said is Dad worked for Ford, So that would explain why he keep buying them. Sometimes the price is just right.

As for me, I had a 69 + 72 Ranch Wagon, 68 Cougar XR7 (how I wish I still had it!) 77 Mustang V8 (now that was tough times for Ford). It did go 183k mi. 86 Capri (still have it 120k mi and itâ??s a back up for the Myst). 86 Tempo 180 some odd K Mi. And of course the Myst. Out of all these cars only the Myst had to be towed home (3 times).

Do I hate Ford? No. but I do hate the way they treated me and what Jac did to the company.

Now, If I could only trade the Myst for that 68XR7â?¦.sweet.

jeff

have you fixed your ford lately?
#711832 08/06/03 03:24 AM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
ahhh....i just went from a neon to my svt. i bought the neon brand new, put almost 89k on it and never had to change the head gasket (a VERY common prob on those). the only real probs i had on it were the cam sensor o-ring blew, and the rear main seal came loose and was rubbing on the flywheel, causing it to lose ALL of its oil. just traded it in for my svt, well before i even bought the svt the fuel pump had to be replaced. its a 2000 w/ 78500 on it now. ive had the damn car for three weeks now. my prob w/ it now, i had to take it into the shop on monday morning b/c the 3rd gear synchro is going out. my sunroof motor went out once, then started working again. the trunk leaks HORRENDOUSLY and my back doors make a really annoying sound. other than that....heh, seems like i've had more probs w/ this thing than my poor little neon. i can't wait till i have a car to drive again though. the dealer i took it to is f***ing around and still haven't started working on my car. grrrr!!!!!!

~*~Bonnie~*~ Amazon Green 00 SVT Contour, #? of 2150, born 2/00 (bought 7-16-03)
#711833 08/06/03 03:40 AM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
sounds like u got a bad one...

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
#711834 08/06/03 03:57 AM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by GrnSVTour00:
ahhh....i just went from a neon to my svt. i bought the neon brand new, put almost 89k on it and never had to change the head gasket (a VERY common prob on those). the only real probs i had on it were the cam sensor o-ring blew, and the rear main seal came loose and was rubbing on the flywheel, causing it to lose ALL of its oil. just traded it in for my svt, well before i even bought the svt the fuel pump had to be replaced. its a 2000 w/ 78500 on it now. ive had the damn car for three weeks now. my prob w/ it now, i had to take it into the shop on monday morning b/c the 3rd gear synchro is going out. my sunroof motor went out once, then started working again. the trunk leaks HORRENDOUSLY and my back doors make a really annoying sound. other than that....heh, seems like i've had more probs w/ this thing than my poor little neon. i can't wait till i have a car to drive again though. the dealer i took it to is f***ing around and still haven't started working on my car. grrrr!!!!!!

Sounds lke you got one of the same mold that mine came from...the LEMON mold!

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#711835 08/06/03 04:43 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Yes, we kept buying Fords because they were the least expensive for us to buy. Plus they were leased, and so they never went out of warranty, except the used ones. Also, we lived in Metro Detroit, and before we lived ther we always drove mazdas and toyotas, and they were very reliable cars. I'm not basing my statement that a Toyota is more reliable on one 8 month old Rav4. Also, read JD power's latest results, toyotas have fewer problems than Fords do, numbers don't lie.

Another thing, some of you may not know this, but it is very unpopular to drive a japanese car in Detroit. When we moved up to detroit, we had a mazda, and the car got the windows broken, keyed to the bare metal, and bashed into in a parking lot on purpose. Many times we wished we could buy a toyota, but we couldn't afford to with the Fords being so cheap on A plan, 300 a month for the loaded expedition, or 350 for a camry. It wasn't a hard choice, plus the camry would have got destroyed. Now that I've had so many problems with Ford, and I don't get a price break anymore, I won't buy one.

#711836 08/07/03 01:00 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
guess I'll keep mine simple... had it 2 months, timing belt blew and destroyed half the engine, had head rebuilt, new altinator, 4 starters, starter wiring, waterpump, brakes, tranny problems(o/d light flashing and hard shifting), driver side window likes to go down on it's own.. but I STILL love my 'tour.. I'm taking it with me when I transffer to Pharmacy school, and I'll use it until I get my 100K a year job right out of college, where I will pour more money into it, even if it just sits in my garage... because I love it! ... well... that's just me

-Mike 96GL 2.0 Zetec CTA Intake SVT Exhaust
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard