Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

As I said before, my coolant light is coming on, and I don't spot a puddle on the ground somehow, so I took it in.

About 1130AM, the junior tech jacked it up and did a pressure test. I see drips coming out the bottom. Looks like time for a new pump as the leak's around there some where. Checked the computer... $115 for a PLAIN pump. Hello! The one with METAL impeller is only $65! When I asked the parts guy, he didn't even KNOW the impeller is made of plastic!

I STILL ended up paying $100 "diagnostic fee" for that pressure test when they're not even 100% sure it's the pump that's leaking!

Whhhhhaaaa...cry me a friggen river. If anybody is an idiot here, its you! Stop taking your car to the dealer for every single minor little problem you have. Everybody knows the dealership charges the most for repair and parts service. Everybody also knows the dealership is ten times busier than your local auto repair shops. Dealerships usually have a ton of warrenty work being done all the time, which means they are swamped. Don't want to pay $115 for a waterpump from Ford, then go to a local autostore and get one for cheeper MORON. If you have any ability at all, which it sounds like you dont, you could put it on yourself. But if not, why take it to a dealer instead of the local garage? I guess people working the parts counter at Ford are suppose to know every single part made for every different model car, and also know if the components are metal or plastic, GET REAL! Sure a lot of dealerships have less than average service, not to make any excuses but they are the most busy, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GET YOUR CAR FIXED AND STOP WHINNING! Just like how the Ford dealership doesnt want to listen to you whine, neither do I!

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.