Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
My SVT pulls way harder than my slushbox Sport. It also handles better, brakes better, squeaks less, looks shinier, growls louder (and that's with a CAI on the Sport) and feels tighter and more responsive. I'm happy.

I guess I'll have to take one of the local NECO guys' Cougars out to see how a regular 5-speed compares, but according to ov3n (who has a number of mods on his 2.5) my SVT is a shave better.

Of course, this trash-talking is all being done on the most inaccurate dyno of them all -- the butt dyno. Why do people have to be such haters lately?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
All I see is bull [censored].....Who cares if its an SVT or a SE....A Contours a Contour. Same goes with Contours and Cougars.

Now i love my car, not the SVT Name plate, but my car.
I wanted it becasue of the extra power and touque it had...since i got it i have droped over 5 grand into the car (only 800 in exterior and interior mods).

I don;t see car as better than anyone elses. Faster, maybe....but that all depends on what people do to there contours and if people can drive.

This whole arguement is just to get people pissed off....just forget about it. I did comparestock SVT to SE v6 both 5 speeds before i bought the SVT...>And i noticed a very appearant diffrence in power infavor of the SVT.

But that was my experience.

Personally, i ahve no problem with peoples opinions on my car in general. But you have to understand that some people will feel like they have to respond to you comments in a defensive manner. Yous hsould have realized this before you posted your statement.

Good Luck

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by D Davis:
Don't you know you can't say anything negative about the SVT here?? I'm sorry for those of us that bought something other than an SVT - we are all scum The ability to write a check for that car instead of this one makes those with an SVT better people.

But seriously, I love these kind of threads. It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

I really haven't noticed too many people on these boards trying to act like they are better than others because they have an SVT. Get a friggin grip man this is CONTOUR enthusiast group not SVT ot SE enthusiast group. We're all on the same side.I bought my SVT beacuse I liked the extra styling and handling and I really don't give 2 sh!ts about which is faster/better etc etc. Honestly it sounds to me like you have an inferiority complex which is really not necessary...just like bashing fellow CEGers is NOT necessary or warranted. I'm so sorry I am proud of my car and it was limited production and I put the # in my sig...if that bothers you then too friggin bad fella but don't trash people simply by what car they drive that's just plain ignorant.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
This post is so emberASSing.

I hope nobody from any other sites comes over and looks at this post.

We all now SVT's are superior!!!!

j/k

98 SVT E0 T-Red E1 engine resonator removed K&N w/ MAF adapter 20% tint Ford Trans. cocktail Ford 9mm Racing Wires DMD
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
If you haven't noticed it then you haven't been on the boards long.

Why would I have an inferiority complex? I do okay for myself and like I said - I almost bought an SVT last year.

It is a Contour board, which is why the attitudes I've seen expressed here and there irritate me to no end. I do want that cohesion we should have to exist, but you're blind if you think it does.

And about the "SVT # of #" thing. That in itself doesn't bother me, I was using that to illustrate I was talking about SVT owners and not regular Duratec owners.

But in the end I care less and less about this place.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

hold on just a damn minute, are you referring to me???

you guys are letting that DuMass who has been banned from this site, what 3 times now, get the best of you. i have never seen a thread where people gloat about their cars, whether it be SVT, SE, GL, LX, and say how much the other cars suck. i see people post pics, but that's just IMO to get ideas and constructive critisisms, relax

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
One question about this "general mod".

Is switching from an SE to an SVT a good general mod?

I think this "general mod" may make the insurance go up.

98 SVT E0 T-Red E1 engine resonator removed K&N w/ MAF adapter 20% tint Ford Trans. cocktail Ford 9mm Racing Wires DMD
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tomtoursvt:
One question about this "general mod".

Is switching from an SE to an SVT a good general mod?

I think this "general mod" may make the insurance go up.

Now the thread is qualified to stay in this forum

Even though everyone probably thinks I'm a hater, I do believe for most that going from anything to SVT is a "general mod"

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Don't you know you can't say anything negative about the SVT here?? I'm sorry for those of us that bought something other than an SVT - we are all scum The ability to write a check for that car instead of this one makes those with an SVT better people.

But seriously, I love these kind of threads. It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

I HATE YOU ALL!!! (Wonder if I can get a production certificate for my SE ... )

-------------------------------------
A VTEC would tech as many Vs as a VTEC could tech, if a VTEC could tech Vs

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm sellin' my SVT dammit!

Wait, I don't have one. &^(*^%()*

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard