Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#706145 07/31/03 04:30 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by hydro:

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state.

Would you want to walk up to car with limo tint? I'd like to see if the guy is going to pull a gun on me. I don't follow the law with my fronts tinted but it's very light. I understand where they come from for sure.

I don't. Have you been pulled recently? Have you seen the type of lights these cruisers and SUV's are equipped with and the effect they have when shined on a car at night? They're bright enough to blind a freakin bat let alone see inside tint. On top of that, what type of effort does it take to roll down your front window? make that the law, if you get pulled over you have to roll down you front window. you can't tell me otherwise on this issue.

#706146 07/31/03 06:03 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I agree with Terry here. The tint law in MI is total horseshit. I have always wound down my window when I have been pulled over. Make that the law.

My car looks odd now with just the back windows tinted; and that bothers me. It also makes the bast@rd as hot as a fat man's armpit in the summer time which sucks when you have to first get in your car after it has been parked for a while in the sun.

Nonetheless, I would have to agree with the cop gigving Konto the "no signal" ticket (even though cops do that shiat themselves all the time - yeah it sux). It seems that in MI using your blinker gets you more trouble than good.

I myself ALWAYS use my turn signal as growing up and driving in Australia shows you what REAL hardass traffic cops are. They'll nail you FOR ANY MINOR TRAFFIC INFRINGEMMENT!

It seems that in SE MI if you indicate to change lanes it'll only get you cut off by someone in that lane you wish to enter. It's like clock work - you cruise past someone putzing along and spot an opening for your car to get in front of him/her - as soon as you put your blinker on VROOOOOOOM the assclown will speed up and cut you off!

Nonetheless I still use them all the time, and nothing is worse than slowing down to an almost dead stop behind someone and wondering WTF? Then all of a sudden they turn off the road. Man that makes me mad.

NICE SIGNAL ASSHAT!

PS Cops are some of the most hypocritical people, when it comes to laws, that I have ever met - and I know a few.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#706147 07/31/03 08:54 PM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
its stupid if they gave u a ticket a 3AM on a completely open street.

I got a ticket for that when I was on the freeway (I was speeding at the time so he just tagged that on there)...I could've sworn I had my blinker on the whole time and I personally think hes full of sh!t. But I'd rather not waste my time, just pay the $110 and be done with it. The speeding ticket I got was really my main concern.

I just think cops get bored sometimes...gotta pull a couple people over a night just for the hell of it. Just to insure that you're doing your job.

But for now on, whenever I see a cop I slow down...I see people on the freeway trying to go by all slow. Screw that, if the speed limit is 55 and he slows down to 45 I'm goin 35 I don't give a crap about what he does.

Anything to avoid getting another ticket in the next 2 years

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#706148 07/31/03 11:16 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Just to comment on the whole abuse if power thing and irresponsibility.....
Since i know all the local cop's cars, i can spot them very easily. Where i live we have a downtown area where all the kids hang out, on weekends it's packed. Well following the cop in his civilian car, i watch him peel off a light and floor it all through first and partially second gear, he must have been going 40/45 in a 25. Also keep in mind this is a very packed downtown area with young people. Not to mention his windows are tinted 20% and he had a rice can (illegal muffler for those who have ever been ticketed). Not to say he's like all cops, but that is just one instance on a long line that has really pissed me off.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
#706149 08/01/03 05:55 AM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
cops can cheat whenever they want, thats the [censored] thing about it.

When I got pulled over for speeding the cop himself was doing 70 in a 55...but what can you do?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#706150 08/01/03 03:02 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Russell:
heres my turn signal policy: driving around in residential 25mph plan full of stop signs, dont use them (formed this habit when my last car the signal didnt automatically shut itself off and i quit using it because of that)

main roads, when turning off, pulling out, and any driving with other cars around, i do use turn signals

Just use them all the time so you won't end up like homeboy that made the post....

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
#706151 08/01/03 03:14 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hydro:
say what you want but if any of you have driven in the SE Michigan area you would understand that local and state police here are NOTORIOUS for bringin the pain to young, male drivers with nice cars. it's damn near an epidemic around these parts so I can see exactly where kontofoshow is coming from. they'll pull you over for anything and sometimes for nothing at all.

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state. considering I see cops everyday who change multiple lanes at a time without even thinking about using a turn signal I will definitely say there's a double standard set and it's BULLSH*T!!!

I obey every single traffic law I can and use turn signals even when I'm in my apartment complex because I don't want to give our cops a reason to pull me over. And I had to learn the hard way too. I've been f*cked with by the cops in ways many of you could never dream of and I'm not being overzealous either. all of you uptight pilgrims with stock contours and svt's who've never even came close to getting a ticket wouldn't understand

I totally agree, I have got f-ed with so much. 2 tickets for tinted windows, and 1 of the times I had my windows down. The cop made me roll my window up so he could write me a ticket.

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
#706152 08/01/03 05:14 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by MCconnection cc:

I totally agree, I have got f-ed with so much. 2 tickets for tinted windows, and 1 of the times I had my windows down. The cop made me roll my window up so he could write me a ticket.

Ok, now that's messed up!!! I can't help but laugh when I read this...

Love for my click... Representin' Everywhere I go...
#706153 08/02/03 12:49 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i've had the same thing happen.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard