Hard-core CEG'er
Did you use your turn signal or not??

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
#706126 07/29/03 07:28 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Did you use your turn signal or not??

No, 'cause then he wouldn't have gotten a ticket. Dark tint is gonna catch their eye 'cause they're gonna assume it's illegal. Add the failure to signal onto that and you'll get popped more often than not.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#706127 07/29/03 07:32 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Anybody think this dead horse should be burried already??

Facts are these, even IF he pulled you over for the tint, you still DIDN'T use your signal, you said so yourself. You didn't think you needed to PLUS it annoyed you. Simple. Get over it, do the driving school or whatever you got to do, but quit trying to convince ppl you are right for not signalling.
Thanks, drive thru please.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#706128 07/29/03 07:46 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to.

And this works in Michigan? Man, what ever happened to sunglasses? This would never fly in MA, I don't think.

Mass laws on tint are pretty strict in order to protect the officers.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#706129 07/29/03 08:01 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by freakshow:
This one time I shot a guy with my brand new H&K 9mm and the cop had the nerve to arrest me. It was obvious he was just picking on me because he was jealous that I was young and had a nicer gun than he did!

Man, I HATE it when they do that!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#706130 07/29/03 08:04 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by zgendron:
when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to.

And this works in Michigan? Man, what ever happened to sunglasses? This would never fly in MA, I don't think.

LOL!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#706131 07/30/03 03:26 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A

The more you explain it Konto, the worse it gets man. Next you'll tell us that your lame a$$ doctor gave you a note for school and/or work telling them they had to tint the windows in their buildings.

You had me going for awhile, I was almost thinking the cop might have been a jerk and that you weren't totally at fault. I even looked to double check what you'd said about being sensitive to the light. That's where your story appears to fall apart (unless there is another twist you're holding back so people can't respond to the full facts - In which case you should just quit). If you had a skin sensitivity that would be one thing, but eye sensitivity is dealt with through sun glasses (specialized ones if necessary - do you have any?).

One could make a case that the officer should or shouldn't have given you a ticket for the turn signal violation if we had a bit more info on the exact layout, but that's not why you got the ticket, is it. You lead us to believe it is and then when no one says "Oh poor, poor Konto the world is so cruel to you" , then and only then, you tell us the real reason you got the ticket.

You got your ticket because the cop wasn't as dumb as you figured he'd be. You spit in someones face and get upset when they don't smile and say thank you.
You got your ticket because the cop didn't beleive you, just like others here. Maybe, he and we are wrong but the way you've presented everything and held things back doesn't lend itself to that interpretation. Cops are like most everyone else in this world, if you piss them off they'll try to find a way to pay you back. That's life. Get on with it.

I too am "uncommonly sensitive to light". I've had two corena transplants and now wear hard contact lenses which also increase ones sensitivity to bright light. Regarding the tinted windows, unless you've left even more out, you don't "have to have them", you just want them. Dark tinted windows will make things worse in low light conditions and possibly dangerous, not better. No self-respecting "optomologist" at least no self-respecting ophthalmologist would claim otherwise. How to they expect you to get from their office to your car and from there to everywhere else. You're gonna need sunglasses buddy not dark tinted windows in your car.

If you've left something else important out then perhaps my comments about your ophthalmologist are out of line but then certainly not about how you've held back facts to suit ulterior motives.

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
#706132 07/30/03 05:36 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I work with the local p.d. and all but two officers do not have tinted windows, i am in no way stretching the truth. If tint is so dangerous and poses a threat to police officers, then why does just about every officer in my area have their front windows and windshield tinted on their street cars, please explain that to me. Not to metion several other states which have ruled it poses a negligible threat to society. (Florida for example)

Also i would like to thank you all for the advice, i will take this off my list of common sense laws that have the ability to be either completely obsolete, or very important.

Stop sign (rolling stop)
j-walking
Uip
Obstructed vision ([censored] hanging from the rearview mirror)
ETC.

As i see it, you need common sense to decide when and where to obey these laws, i would never take a piss on the sidewalk in new york city, but i have relieved myself many times in the middle of the woods. Out there this poses no threat to decency, but it certainly does in new york. I do not understand how you are so close minded that you cannot grasp so simple of a concept.

As far as the light sensitivity issue goes, I inquired with my optomologist if she could test for ultra-sensitivity for light, her response was negative. I explained to her my situation and she agreed to write me a note for tinted windows. As far as glasses are concerned i never said my case was severe, it is only persistent and toublesome. I prefer not to wear sunglasses more for a convienencce issue, I drive on the highway very often commuting to and from school. With tinted windows I can recieve similar protection as sunglasses and in addition have the convienence of having a cool car for my trip.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
#706133 07/30/03 06:35 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I work with the local p.d. and all but two officers do not have tinted windows, i am in no way stretching the truth. If tint is so dangerous and poses a threat to police officers, then why does just about every officer in my area have their front windows and windshield tinted on their street cars, please explain that to me. Not to metion several other states which have ruled it poses a negligible threat to society. (Florida for example)

With tinted windows an officer is not able to see into the vehicle after a stop to determine number of occupants and any other potential hazard to the officer. For example, a driver/passenger could be reaching for a weapon.

Consider this explained.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#706134 07/30/03 07:50 PM
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I

With tinted windows an officer is not able to see into the vehicle after a stop to determine number of occupants and any other potential hazard to the officer. For example, a driver/passenger could be reaching for a weapon.

Consider this explained.

I didn't know that officers pulled people over in their street vehicles. Thats interesting.

2004 Pontiac GTO Bush 2004
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard