Originally posted by newguysvt:
ok, i took the car to goodyear by where i work. they say the code is telling them that it is the camshaft positioning sensor on bank 1 IIRC. they say 100 for part, 130 for labor, and 60 to clear the light. i asked them to write the code down and i got home and it was not there. i will go back on monday because i'm cool with one of the guys and just get them to get the code again, no problem. the part that bugs me is the 60 to clear the light, are you kidding me. thats just as bad as telling me my headlight fluid is low. sensor is believable and makes sense that it would cause a little hesitation or misfiring. but i will get the code and post it monday. also, i just gapped and install the plugs less than a month ago, cleaned maf and iac about 2 months ago, and have not fiddled with the egr or imrc yet. how hard would it be to replace the sensor myself? any ideas, i'll search too, just asking. thanx.

Do you know Autozone will check and clear a CEL for free ? (once the CEL displays to the diagnostic it clears, but unless you repair the problem the CEL will reappear)

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.