Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#696950 07/19/03 02:20 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by ScarContour:
When I wrecked my Contour I tried to find an SVT, but couldnt find one in the Auburn, Montgomery area. I got my Jetta because it has better overall acceptance by the aftermarket community. That said, I am still planning on buying another Tour some day. My girlfriend loved the car as much as I did and she wants to buy one too. Maybe I'm just a softie for my first car, but I will love the Tour forever and will probably end up with 5 or 6 in my redneck backyard someday.

War Eagle dude! My SVT came off the showroom floor of Auburn Ford, L-M. But you should've looked in B'ham, there is always one for sale around there.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by RogerB:
I'd love to go to Carlisle someday. Maybe I'll finally meet some of you there, along with owners of other cars I love.

Roger, mark your calendar for next year's All Ford Nationals.

IIRC, we had over 30 Contours show up and had a good time even though it was pouring.

All Ford Nationals 2002

All Ford Nationals 2003

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by RogerB:
Maybe death of SZ and NM, but not CEG.

The Contique community will shrink over time, but just look for Capri and Merkur support and you'll see it's still out there. (And they are still meeting, albeit in small numbers.)

I, for one, have to be very choosy. I wish I had time to drive all over the country and meet up with people who share a passion for these cars. Sounds like a real hoot. Oh well. Got a family, and other priorities.

I'd love to go to Carlisle someday. Maybe I'll finally meet some of you there, along with owners of other cars I love. (see paragraph 2, above.)

Hell, I live 3 hours from the SCCA Solo II Nationals site, and I still haven't made it up there.

Someday...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think this site will keep going as long as there are still Contours on the road! I think the state of the economy right now has a lot to do with the poor turnout at SZ and NM. But just cuz those events were cancelled (or scaled back) doesn't mean that the CEG community is dying.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
CEG won't die...Simply put. The reason for the dwindling in meets will happen....But I will say that in the SE we have had quite a few meets. I know myself, I have been involved or had a hand in three meets. One was the Nashville/Huntsville meet where we had a pretty good turn out in April on both days. Second, not as many but hey, we had some fun...July 4 and 5....Now we have one that I had no planning with but is at my house...LOL...and is tomorrow.

We will have a 2 from Miss, 1 from Chicago, 1 possibly from Chattanooga TN, and a few from HSV...Not big numbers by any means. But the primary reason is that we all are good friends cuz of the site and the reason we have meets or G2G's is cuz of the car.

As far as meets or anything this year, I just think this year was a fluke. It was hard to do with the locations and it was hard to get all the stuff organized. Everyone involved in the Nats worked hard and put in the effort, but people had other responsibilites and such that had to be taken care of. I couldn't go mainly cuz I am broke broke broke...and just got a job. I had intended to go...somehow....but I just couldn't afford it in the end.

I do agree, meets by region on one day is an idea. The plan would be to post pics of your meet and what took place....I still think that would be a good idea for later.

Right now what we need to do is get the National Meet off the ground. Throw everything at it, learn from our mistakes and begin building something for next year...

Never fear guys! This site will be around as long as there are Contiques...or...people to host the site...

Hang in there!!!!!

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
...it cant die! I just found this site not too long ago! I got plans for maybe buying an svt by late 2004.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
This is blasfamy(sp?) Don't speak of such things

This site won't die, there are too many people that have a passion for our cars and for one, I don't know all i want to yet so ya'll better be here to help me out

I just think we should stop posting in this thread as it is kind of a touchy subject and i don't think it makes anyone happy to read. Just lock it please.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

This site won't die, there are too many people that have a passion for our cars and for one, I don't know all i want to yet so ya'll better be here to help me out

I just think we should stop posting in this thread as it is kind of a touchy subject and i don't think it makes anyone happy to read. Just lock it please.

I just asked a question, if anyone else had noticed the trend.

I like this website very much and hope it never dies. This site is like a family to me and I'm here to help in anyway I can. I well be here for as long as the site is here and I will have my tour that long as well. I just thought I would point out to people that there is a trend, so we could turn it around.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Think of it like this, the Chevelle for instance is also dead, but people keep fixing/modding/driving them, right The thing is, theres always going to be people buying/selling this car, with stock ones still around, giving those people a "blank piece of paper" To this day, I still look forward to getting into my car and have a couple things to do to it yet, thus making it desirable to this day

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#696958 07/19/03 03:26 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Well the national meet is not dead it will just be smaller in turnout....more like a midwest meet.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

Blasphemy. But yes, point taken.

I'd have to agree with the majority here. CEG has been around almost three years now since the Contour itself met the grave thanks to our fellow Focus friends. But anyhow, if we've lasted this long without dying, why the sudden scare about it now?

It's just a bad time in the world at the moment. As soon as the economy picks up again, SZ and the NM will more than likely turn up again to be the huge deal it is.

There was a Camaro meet at the Savannah Mall the other day. They aren't made anymore but there must've been at least 100 cars. So instead of wasting time worrying if the site/group is going to crash, I think we oughta pick up the pace and then we can have huge meets like that. Good feeling when you bring things back from the dead, stronger than ever.

Besides I need this place for my laughs! I'll never forget the Gold Bond thread in Common Interests.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard