hehe
actually it was a reinforced one that almost killed me and stuck into my garage door!!!

anywho...
install of the lowers is a lot easier than the oval

first while the factory insert is intact, lay my mesh over it.
use a couple piees of wireto hold the mesh in place so it doesnt move while you mark it.
mark where the tabs in the bumper will pass thru.
you will mosy likely only have to cut out one vertical piece between two ovals for every mounting point.
do not cut too much, you can always cut more if the tab in the bumper doesnt fit through.
now you can trim away the excess. while the elky mesh is on teh factory mesh you can see where it will cover. i recommend leaving at least an inch all the way around. it can be bent over the bumper after its installed.

once you have that trimmed you can take it off the factory mesh.
now comes the time to get covered in more black plastic.
cut out the criss cross pattern out of the factory mesh.
leavin only the border and the tabs that match up to the tabs on the bumper. when you are done it will be very flimsy, so be careful
you will also have to trim down some of the front of the border where it will be pushing against the elky mesh.
remember take off less now cuz you can always take off more later.
you can now slide the elky msh onto your bumper.
the bumper is eurathane so it will flex where you need it to
and the aluminum is easy to flatten if it bends.
once it is fluch to the opening youcan now put the factory insert back on.
use the factory clips to hold it in place.
Viola!
you are done!!
hope that helps

oh yeah, the less you cut out of the elky mesh for the tabs the better off you are, the mesh will grab ontothe tabs and help hold it in place.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?