Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Corbett:
Everybody is screaming $1200 for lights, but pete, is that how much you paid Milan? Or was it $1200 for new headlights and for Milan to do the work, total? I'm not taking sides but everyone here knows that you have to cut the lights open to get into them, and I'm sure you did too when you sent them out. Though I do agree with you on the poor quality of workmanship, I dont think Milan should be responsible for paying you back for headlights that you sent out knowing that they were going to be cut open.

1 - Send them back to him and make him pay for shipping and tell him not to send them back until they are perfect.

OR

2 - Ask for a refund for what Milan charged you and send the headlights back to him so he can use the projectors inside the headlights on another car.

$1200 total
Milan's projector conversion
new OEM Ford headlights
shipping

Fact: I never asked for $1200.

Fact: The lights do not need to be cut open for the conversion.
Fact: He shipped them to me horribly spotted up inside and dust beyond belief.
Fact: I asked him to clean them out.
Fact: Milan said would attempt to remove the projectors to clean them - no evidence of him doing so.
Fact: I told him many times that I wanted the lights as perfect as possbile.
Fact: He did warn me of potential leaking - this is not my issue.
FACT: HE NEVER WARNED ME THAT HE WOULD DESTROY THE INNER CHROME HOUSING AND SILVER TRIM AS PREVIOUSLY PICTURED.
THAT is my issue.

HE wrecked my brand new OEM headlights, so he SHOULD reimburse me.

Corbett,
If you asked me to wash and wax your car and I did, but left scratches all over the car that could not be fixed other than repainting, would you not expect me to pay for it? Same thing.

Milan has offered ONLY to reseal the lights.

What about the damage to the brand new OEM lights I sent to him?

Why can't he admit publicly that he is at fault for damaging the lights?
I have PMs where he admits to it, but he wont admit it publicly.

At this point, there are only 2 options I will accept:
1. Full reimbursement for money paid to Milan for the projector/HID conversion
PLUS reimbursement (monetary or new OEM Ford headlights) for the headlights he admits to being at fault for damaging.

OR

2. Brand new Ford OEM headlights converted to projectors shipped to me at no cost.
(No need for HIDs since those work fine)

In either case, I would eat all shipping costs previously incurred and ship, at my expense, the damaged projector headlights back to him.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Wow! That much moisture is insane! I did my own projector conversion and would consider that much water in the headlights as a failure by itself. Then all of the other damage......

I'm really sorry to see that happen. There is obviously something seriously wrong with that setup! Business ethics should come into play here! Most of that money you paid was for labor, so there shouldn't be an issue of correcting this problem even if it costs Milan some $$$$. If he sold the amount of headlight conversions as he is saying, he made mad $$$$ off of it.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
If you asked me to wash and wax your car and I did, but left scratches all over the car that could not be fixed other than repainting, would you not expect me to pay for it? Same thing.

since my car is black and already covered in scratches and stuff, can you wash it for me? i'll drop it off later, thanks bud!!! what a swell fella

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
OK,

For some reason this subject is bugging me a bit. From doing my own set, I can tell you about what a PITA this is to do. With the amount of material removal, it's best to remove the lense because of all the plastic chunks, shards and dust that will coat the insides like mad. Kinda like there is static electricity holding it inside.

The damage to the chrome isn't that bad considering what is taking place to put headlight components that were never mont to go into the factory hallogen housings.

To be honest the very worst thing I have seen is the moisture. True I have only seen pictures, so I cannot say for sure.

Bottom line (IMO that is ) is if Milan is willing to work out a deal to fix the problem within reason, you should atleast let him try.

For those complaining about how spendy these headlights are, then you should do it yourself.....I did. If everything cool was low priced, then everyone would have them and they wouldn't be cool anymore

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Hello everyone.....

I would just like to say a couple of things....

I too have quad beam projectors, and the job isnt perfect, but i dont expect it to be.....

When it comes down to it, i think that pete should get his refund, because milan was selling a product that he created, so he should stand by that product when it doens work!!! The fact that he is leaving you high and dry in the situation amazes me, with the amount of money that you have tied up in the situation.

I know how shady the situation is, because Importkllr had an even harder time getting his lights the first time.... And let me tell you, those lights were far from being perfect. The whole inner chrome area was supposed to be painted, because of how long they took. When you see the lights, it looks like minimal effort was used to make ensure minimal overspray, and the sealing work is messy as hell.

Dont get me wrong, the lights looks sweet, but if you took them up next to the set that milan made for himself, they just dont compare. That is bad business. I think that all of the products that he did should have been of the same or even better quality that his own, or he shouldnt have been selling these for 1200 dollars a set.

Also, If one wanted to fix these problems, the fact that they have to take the lights out, reswitch the wiring, send the to milan, wait for 3 weeks for him to find the time to look at them, and get them back in a worse condition is just foul....

This is just my 2 cents but these lights could have had a lot better craftsmanship than they did. And i know that Milan had a lot going on while these were being made, but cmon, that is no excuse when he was the one who decided to make them available. I ultimately think that he didnt know what he was getting himself into.....

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Damn, what a post this is, how did I of all people miss this After reading all of this I feel I had to chime in and here it goes. First off, I too have the MM quad projectors w/ HIDs and a couple things are true:

1. the fit isn't perfect, the "repops" just don't fit perfectly. I've even seen another SE MI CEG-er with the "repops" and they don't fit his car right either and he doesn't even have projectors, so thats that.

2. I did get "some" moisture in mine, but only in the spring monthes when it was cool outside and going through the car wash, but it DID go away though. Now when I say "some" I mean SOME, not the shower head effect I saw in those previous pics

3. I did/do have a little bit of dust in mine, as well as some water spots but I learned to live with it because theres no way those lights were going to be cut open, I remember my Chris Hightower lights getting moisture as well and its gotta be when you open them up. I don't think the lenses had to come off when Milan did the projectors, but theres alot of cutting to get those projectors to fit, thats for sure

Milan, if you read this, please take his lights back and make this right. Take the parts out his lights, make new ones, check and re-check them and just make this right, whatever it takes! The thing that this is going to do is make the next guy leary to buy any thing from a CEG-er and how else do we get most of our parts anyways, well for the most part anyways Milan I met you and I for one will be very disappointed if you don't take care of this guy, and no, he didn't contact me in anyway, I just read EVERY one these posts and I can't believe it, well I believe it, but you gotta make this right...NO MATTER WHAT! Come on Milan, don't let me or the rest of us down on this!!!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Corbett:
Everybody is screaming $1200 for lights, but pete, is that how much you paid Milan? Or was it $1200 for new headlights and for Milan to do the work, total? I'm not taking sides but everyone here knows that you have to cut the lights open to get into them, and I'm sure you did too when you sent them out. Though I do agree with you on the poor quality of workmanship, I dont think Milan should be responsible for paying you back for headlights that you sent out knowing that they were going to be cut open.

1 - Send them back to him and make him pay for shipping and tell him not to send them back until they are perfect.

OR

2 - Ask for a refund for what Milan charged you and send the headlights back to him so he can use the projectors inside the headlights on another car.

Im just trying to explain:

Example, If you by a new cell phone, and you take it to a place and you wnat them to do an "up grade" like add a lighted battery and LEDs (only an example) and when you get it back, the screen is broken and the clip that holds the case is snaped, would you not wnat them to fix it, or replace it, especially if they never told you that that damage was possible??

Same principal with the head lights...when it comes down to it, MM did not tell Pete that the visible damage was possible. Yes he told Pete that fogging was possible, which Pete Acknowledged.

Either way its his responsability to replace them.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
What I find amazing about this whole situation is most consumers would try and get all they can get out of a situation. Pete on the other hand is only trying to get the one issue he was not warned about (the jagged edges from the cuts into the headlight assembly) resolved. He isn't worried about the sealing of them and the water problem with the headlights. Many other consumers would have tried to take advantage of the situation by trying to get the jagged edges fixed, the leaking problem fixed and then also would have wanted half or all of their money back and still get to keep the product. Pete ONLY wants 1 issue resolved. Is that too much to ask?

Pete is a top notch guy and it takes a lot to piss him off. Because of a couple of screwups I have made in the past I am surprised I can still call Pete a friend and know that if it really came down to it Pete would be there if needed. Why do the good guys always get screwed over?

Robert Knauber - rknauber@yahoo.com Cars: 1998 Ford Contour SVT (The Silver Sleeper) 1989 Volvo 240GL (Fully Loaded Silver Brick) 1989 Honda CRX Si (Canary Yellow Beater) 1988 Honda Hurricane 1000 (Resident Crotch Rocket)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Pete, you have rights as a consumer. Print out all communications to a from him and take him to court plain and simple. Small claims is cheap filing fee and for $1200! What have you got to lose doing that.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
don't need to resurrect this.

99 Silver CSVT
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard