Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
If he lives in canada...it's alot harder to get money out of the person by suing. A friend of mine just went through this with a fake escrow site, we tracked the guy back to canada and we've basically been busting chops for 6 months trying to get some one to help us.

Originally posted by LoCoChick:
Pete, if you have a receipt and a warranty, for $1200 you should take him to small claims court. If any vendor sells a product that is damaged, or in any way problematic, whether out of their control or not, said vendor should be obligated to fix the problem or issue a full refund. Seeing as how you, Pete, didn't demand this, MM should have offered it or taken you up on your offer--even though I would have taken him to court immediately over that much money. Those headlights should be replaced or refunded because you paid for a product that is broken, damaged, and basically the car isn't driveable at night when a heavy rain occurs.

I am glad that you posted this because you are right, MM Motorsports/Milan is a VENDOR who SELLS PRODUCTS. If said products are not reliable or there is a problem with the customer service, then other people should know the risks before buying any products. Especially when the products cost upwards of $1000. Good luck, I would sue.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
He's not in Canada yet.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Antonio:
For the price he paid for them that type of work is unacceptable.

I agree 100% with Antonio. Milan you need to work this out man Pete is a great guy and i know for a Fact he wouldnt BS us or even think about lieing to us.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
ive known Pete now for probably 6-9 months now and I can vouch that he is probably the most honest guy I know. He gives it to you straight. I can sit here and honestly say that I beleive if Pete did ef up the wheels, then he WOULD take full responsiblity for his actions...as Matt said before...HE'S AN EX-MARINE!!!

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~
P
Master P
Master P
P
Originally posted by LUK A LYK:
HE'S AN EX-MARINE!!!

No such thing as an ex-marine. Maybe a former Marine, but not an ex-marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Keep calling him that and he may not be you guys' friends for long

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
true dat my bad sorry pete

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Oh man. I don't even know where to begin to express my disbelief and dissapointment. Here is my $.02.
I, at one point, was thinking of purchasing some lights from MM. Thank goodness I didn't. This russian roulette game (10% failure record! ) is not a game I want to play with...especially for $1200+.

Simply unacceptable.
I agree with everyone in this thread, minus Milan.
Antonio nailed it. LoCoChick - couldn't have put it better myself. This last picture. OMG.

A consumer should NOT have to repair a product themselves. The fact that Pete tried to assist you and followed some of the suggestions Milan provided, is one step further than I would have gone - especially for that price.

Until those lights are replaced/repaired, Pete should NOT have to spend a DIME for shipping, or any other costs.

Come on man...$1200 for lights. Man up and fix those things.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I wanted to clarify a couple topics:

Milan has refused to refund me anything more than $100 and a set of used headlights.

I refused, and that is why I took it publicly to CEG - to let everyone know what the story is.

My issue is not the leaking of the lights - I know the leaking can eventually be fixed somehow.

My issue is the damage caused by the cutting open of the lights, which I WAS NOT TOLD could be a potential side effect.

Please look carefully at the silver trim on the outer edge and the jagged, cracked chrome housings as a result of Milan cutting the lights open:

This is my "issue" with the lights, which again, I was never told could be a potential side effect and which Milan admits was his fault.

To be honest with you, I was quite nervous - scared even - to post this on CEG for fear of being ripped/criticized, etc.

I appreciate the kind words and support from everyone, especially my good friends of the Capitol CEG - many who have been there from the beginning to provide support and advice.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Wow and here all this time I thought Milan was an ok guy. This is a truly poor example of a CEG member. Pete, take his azz to small claims and get your money back.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Small claims court all the way!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard