Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I am so sorry to hear about this Pete....and here I thought I was the only one that got "played" by Milan with my headlights.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

There's a lot of that going around here.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Milan -- speaking as a 3rd party here, I think 2-3 pairs fogging out of 30 is not a good number.

That is roughly 10%....you should try and improve your quality control.

Dan Acura Integra GS-R w/mods Former owner of a 95 SE
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by todras:

Is that smiley doing what I think he's doing?

redcontour.20megsfree.com/photo.html 98 T-Red SE Sport ATX ST200s Slightly Lowered Catless Y-Pipe Resonator Removed Clear Front Lenses Side Markers SVT Seats
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
yes the smileys imply that milan is giving it to him in the a$$. I agree, for 1200 ef'n dollars I'd be in court right now.

P
Master P
Master P
P
You cannot look at those lights and tell me that they are worth anything NEAR $1200. That's highway robbery.

Why did you send out dirty lights in the first place? Or why did you not package them in such a way that they wouldn't get dirty during shipping?

Are you going to do nothing to remedy the situation to Pete's liking? The dude has $1200 + the cost of new housings wrapped up in this. And all you're saying is that you aren't responsible for anything.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
I totally agree with you Perry. What are you going to do to remedy the situation Milan? If you won't do it for Pete at least do it out of business ethics, and morals.

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by perry:
You cannot look at those lights and tell me that they are worth anything NEAR $1200. That's highway robbery.

Why did you send out dirty lights in the first place? Or why did you not package them in such a way that they wouldn't get dirty during shipping?

Are you going to do nothing to remedy the situation to Pete's liking? The dude has $1200 + the cost of new housings wrapped up in this. And all you're saying is that you aren't responsible for anything.

Hey maybe more people will go to chicago now for the "meet"?

G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
What is sad however is that the truth has not been told.

Really?
I can have many people post on here and vouch for my character.

However, now I am regreting that I ever considered Pete a friend of mine at all.

My post did not contain any personal attacks. Go ahead and make personal attacks, Milan. But I will not stoop to your level.

First off, MM is NOT a business.

Really?
Then why do your products have MM stamped on them?
Why do your refer to yourself as MM in Group Buy posts?

I told him that there were risks that they lights may fog up, as they are cut open all around the housing.

I don't understand what you fail to understand. My issue isn't with the leaking - you warned me of this. How many times do I have to tell you this? My issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

After he scratched up the lenses, he sent them back to me. Of course, I get the blame for that too.

You are wrong. Yes, I did scratch them up when I tried to clean up your mess. But (I have the PM FROM YOU) the lights arrived from you originally with several scrathes in the them.

Seeing that the original problem was the dust in the lights, I was not even obligated to take them back, as once shipped, they were out of my hands.

Again, that is wrong.
Your "warranty" states that you would fix any problems associated with the lights. So how is it not your "obilgation" to take the lights back and fix the problem?

In the "warranty" that I supplied, I promised to attempt to recify the problems with leaking ONLY. Pete refused my offers to do this.

OMG, you just stated previously that you were under no obligation, and now you say your warranty promises to fix the problems? Make up your mind.
I refused because that is not the issue - once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition.

Again, wrong.
How many sets of lights have you cut open?
5 or 6? So 2-3 sets are in this condition right?
So approximately 50% of lights you cut open are defective.

Other than Pete, I have been praised for doing so.

Again, wrong.
I have been told via PM by several people that were in your Group Buy that the workmanship is poor. (I will not name names.)

Lastly, I have done way more than I was ever obligated to do in Pete's case, and once again as a personal favor. I could have refused to clean the lights up but I did not. After being warned of the possible concequenses, Pete proceeded with the procedure and had me cut them open. When they started fogging up, he started to be very upset. I asked him at least 7 (!) times to send them back, but he kept refusing to do so. And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

Again, wrong.
Your warrabty states you will fix any problems so how is that a "favor"?
You warned me of leaking. Once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

You kept refusing to remedy that problem.
Why should I spend another $50 to ship them back to you so you can "seal" them again? That does nothing to fix the damaged silver trim, cracked chrome housings and the piece of black plastic that you left in the headlight.

It is very unfortunate that the lights ended up fogging up and leaking. This could have been remedied.

Yes it could have. Once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

Why can't you understand that?

You keep bringing up the leaking issue and ignoring the damage you did to the lights which you admitted to in a PM that I have.

These are direct quotes from PMs from Milan:
"As I said before, the sealant is so thick that you need a butterknife to spread it around. No way it is ever gonna leak. You will never see that happen."

??The silvering, the eyebrows, the black pieces are all a result of me ripping them apart."

"And who knows, perhaps ripping them apart is also to blame for their fogging.?

??I do not question that the lights are leaking or that they look bad. I believe you 100%.?

??Anytime you assemble something by hand, you risk that it will have some minor blemishes.?

Over the course of the past couple weeks, you keep bringing up points that I do not have issues with.
You keep bringing up the leaking - NOT THE ISSUE.
You keep trying to blame me for the leaking - NOT THE ISSUE.

The damage to the lights, caused by you which you did not warn me about, is the issue.

If you want to respond, get your facts straight, stop beating around the bush and address the issues.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard