Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
Can anyone tell me where the thermostat is located and is it easy to replace on your own?

Also, car overheated and fans were working...going downhill did not cool it down. Sounds like a water pump to me but what do you think?

Also, inside temperature gauge is stuck on hot, even when car is turned off...will replacing the water pump, assumming that's the problem, return this to normal or does it need to be replaced? Or is this part of a bigger problem.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Zin

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
i just had my waterpump replaced and they said i should have my thermostat replaced, so i figured i could find out how to do it myself. Haven't gotten around to ordering one yet though, plus it looks kinda complicated.

thermostat

Edit: Link revised.

Last edited by horseydug; 07/14/03 11:18 AM.

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Car details required to give you proper assistance.
Guage pinned on hot with ignition off usually indicates faulty temperature gauge sender unit, so your car may not have actually been overheating. Suggest pulling off electrical connector at sender which should return gauge to the low temp position when ignition turned on.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
Z
OP Offline
Z
Hi,

Thank you both for your assistance. Sorry horseydug, guess I was thinking everyone had a 1995 V6 24VEOHC Contour, LOL.

You were correct about the faulty temp gauge. Replaced that, the thermostat and pulled out the water pump for a look see and sure enough the impeller was shot. Was broken in half. So replaced the water pump.

I appreciate all the advice.

Zin

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard