Originally posted by LoCoChick:
They are meeting in Huntsville this Saturday.

WHAT THA?????

CRAP...I freaking live there and didn't even know!

Aight....For all those meeting here....ummm cool! Ummmmm....I have to work.....Here is my schedule...if you wanna meet up...man this is gonna be weird.

I leave for work at around 3:30pm. I will leave channel 19 for a break at 6:30. This gives me up until...8:30ish till I leave from the house to go back. I will then leave 19 again at 11pm or a little before and will get home 15 to 20 minutes later.

Eric, do you remember how to get to Gibson's? Take them there for some real food...if not we may all meet up at WHNT in the parking lot, around 6:30 and then go there...don't hold your breath on that one, I need to see how late they stay open....yaaada yaaada.

Steve, Phil & Kim, Eric, you all should have my numbers. Call me if you need to. If I am at work, don't expect an immediate answer.

ERIC!!!!! Call your focal jet budds...they were kewl to hang with....

As far as a route that I think you guys should take.....

Get your maps and PRINT THIS OUT!!!!!

Starting in my neck of the woods, you will travel SOUTH on 231/Memorial Parkway to the Governors drive exit.

Exit at Gov drive and turn left to enter Gov Drive going under the overpass.

This is gonna be a long ride with lots of lights at first.

Stay on this road. You will pass two hospitals on the left...one right near another....then the fun...

Ladies and Gentlemen, at the last hospital is the light before Monte Sano...you will notice early that your road is beginning to incline slightly.

You should be at the intersection of Governors and California...STAY on Governors....for a long time....

Now you are on Monte Sano Mountain....Bring a camera. If you want to, there are state parks up there. You can follow the signs to get to the parks and hang out there for a time....there are a couple look outs too....

Any way, you want to stay on Gov drive...up then over the Mountain...It goes downhill into Hampton Cove....There will be one major light a ways down the road. Look for a Dairy Queen on the left. At the light you will turn right.

Take this road up a ways to the next light you see. Turn left....this road takes you into some more back roads that I had wanted to take you on before...watch your speed!

Ways down you will see what looks like a four way stop or something....pull to it...stop if need be....pull thru it.

More twists and turns...then you will see it...

The road looks like it just runs into the mountain..and it does. This is Green Mountain in South HSV...Are your brakes ready???

Take the road up the backside of Green Mountain...and again for your own safety....watch your speed...stay on this road...you will see civilization and there is another park up there with duckies for the kiddies and a nice lake pond thing...that will be aways up and on the left..

Stay on this road....you will be greeted by another..yield or stop sign....follow the road...break left...Lemmie just say this...Green Mountain..is still kinda steep, which is why they give all kinds of warnings to buses about staying in lowest gear

Long steep ride to the bottom. At the bottom you will turn right onto Bailey Cove....Now you CAN take two avenues back.

One takes you to the parkway, the other takes you a different route to the road that came off of Monte Sano...

After turning right on Bailey Cove, go to the next major light. This will be weatherly road. Turn left...this road empties into Mem Pkwy and will look familiar to Phil, Kim and Steve as the Econo Lodge is a hop skip and a jump from that light and the shell where everyone filled up at for Nashville is at that corner. Once at the PKWY turn right...you are now pointed North on the PKWY.

.....OR.....

After turning right onto Bailey Cove, go straight. Thru Weatherly...thru another light...then another. At the third light you will see Four Mile Post Road and a Waffle House and a shopping center with a Target in it.

Turn right at this light....ooooh check it out....some more twisties...not as extreme and a nice look off.

Stay on this road, there will be 1 stop light at the top of the hill, then you go down hill.

You will begin saying to yourself..."Hey, why does this look familiar?" It should. Remember when I told you when heading for Green Mountain there is a light that you turn left at? This is that light.

Now at the light you will go straight...This is the road that takes you to Monte Sano and then follow the first set of directions back to turning RIGHT at the Governors/Memorial PKWY intersection.....If you have your maps and feel like taking another path, I challenge you to follow "Bankhead Parkway" to California to 565-E.

Bankhead Parkway is on top of Monte Sano and is the first light when you head back up from leaving Hampton Cove...you can only turn right at this light from your present position...or go straight....

Have fun!
Rich

THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO REFLECT GOING SOUTH ON MEM PKWY INSTEAD OF NORTH which will take you to TN...

Last edited by sosaudio1; 07/15/03 06:49 AM.

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville