The problem is this...the fumes that are given off...as far as I could tell did not emmit an odor....Now also guys temps under the hood are different. So maybe it was not bad to deform it, maybe it isnt even bad enuff to give off the fumes. The risk is there. The other thing to ponder...not shooting at anyone....but lets say, for argument, that it did get warm enuff to cause the piping to give off fumes. What if those fumes carried some of that PVC into your TB and coated the intake and the TB with a fine powder or just looked like minor debris? Now, you may not have a problem....but....food for thought, it could... COULD happen.

YES removing the Black thing on the TB is a good idea as it is restrictive as well. The CTA motorsports intake does that.

Also, you can go to autozone and get a honda civic/acura integra intake and modify it to fit.

Cost $39.99 for intake tube, use the accordian tube, keep the bend on the intake tube and go get an ABS cleanout elbow...total for all including filter I think was $65...maybe...

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville