Originally posted by pctour:
Thanks, for the I have your problem exactly except I have the Duratec engine. I will replace with Motorcraft at first opportunity. I don't have much faith in the dealership would anybody know the part number for the OE plugs for a 99 SE 2.5 Duratec. I am so looking forwad to getting my car back to pre plug change condition. Thanks

Here's a cut-and-paste of a reply I made this evening to another post ...

Here's what happened to my '98 CSVT ... and how it was fixed.

I had the engine "bucking" problem at low/no throttle described in previous posts. It began with uneven accel and a change in the exhaust note, gradually worsened into a severe and re-creatable misfire-like condition (that did cause it to throw codes -- ultimately irrelevant -- and light up the CEL three times), then got to the point where the engine began to flat-out quit under load.

Because the car was at 54.8k, the basics were covered first: replaced fuel filter (Purolator), plugs and wires (Motorcraft). No money wasted -- but no fix, either.

Long story made short: the conscientious guys at the independent repair shop I've been using since my relo to Pittsburgh (Vince's Automotive on Rte 19 in Perrysville, for CEGer's in Pittsburgh) first rescanned the codes, then found a TSB that looked like a possible match with my problem: erratic engine performance triggering multiple codes. It was a match -- A 7-volt wire at the right-rear of the engine compartment, feeding power to 4 sensors, was being chafed at the right-rear engine lift mount; its sheathing had been worn through. Every time engine movement (or Dave, the tech at Vince's) brought it into contact with metal, the four sensors would freak, causing a misfire and/or kill the engine.

Sheathing was repaired; the chafing point of contact was covered with a short section of (I think) neoprene tubing; and the problem is gone.