Originally posted by NITROS:
well, i have the same problem. and here is the list of what i replaced.

first get a obdII test done. i bet u will get a misfire in one of your cylinders.

ive replaced the plugs 4 times, 2 sets of wires.
plugs fixed problem for couple of days so maybe i thought i was over tighting the plugs. got a torque wrech and made sure i didnt. and the problem was immediate on the last plug change.

changed ignition coil.
changed injectors.
gutted precats thought i had a pluged precats.

changed main cat.

spent a total of over 800 dollars tryting to fix this stupid ass problem. with still no luck. im about to clean the maf right now. wish me luck. hey if u wanna talk some more about his problem contact me with a pm or my aim name is ws3912

Well if it's any consolation, I feel for ya. Your problem sure sounds exactly like mine. When I use premium gas it bucks less. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's not. Warmer weather seems to make it worse, but not always. Sometimes it will 'miss' at idle, but never, ever at wide open throttle. It's worse with the a/c on. I put in new plugs, and it goes away for a couple days. I would put in the old plugs that I first removed but I threw them away, they were in bad shape, but it didn't buck. And of course, no CEL ever. And it wouldn't buck for the service guy at the local Ford dealership. But it bucked on the way home from there. I've called and talked the the service mgr several times. He has never heard of anyone having this problem. On the Ford truck board there is a whole group of people with this problem, and they say it's the DPFE. I'm lost,,,,,,

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.