ummmm...hate to be the "bearer of bad tidings" but I had the same problems that everyone here is discussing.....then the car literally died on the highway!! It started with the small bucking, then it became more and more frequent until the car began bucking and stalling getting onto the highway monday morning. After 5 days (and countless calls) I was told that the fuel pump was shot. One of the techs at the dealership was curious....did I always try to coax "extra mileage" out of the car when the low fuel light came on? I said I did, and on a regular basis, as everyone knows how pessimistic our fuel guages are. He said he wasn't positive, but that it could have been a contributing factor in my fuel pumps demise(with the fuel sloshing around a nearly empty tank, it does make some sense;a dry fuel pump pick-up is not a good thing). He also mentioned something about the pick-up screen that is on the pump itself(which I don't think I could get to with my "returnless" 2000)And believe me, i tried EVERYTHING you guys had done, short of ripping the engine apart, to address the problem.

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)