Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Handling? EZ, you're talking out your tail, dude. Go here. See how it compares with the 2003 Boxter S or the SVT for that matter....

Hmmmm..... overpriced label? I think so. Get used to it haters, dodge just reset the standards.....

car-videos.com

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Handling? EZ, you're talking out your tail, dude. Go here. See how it compares with the 2003 Boxter S or the SVT for that matter....

Hmmmm..... overpriced label? I think so. Get used to it haters, dodge just reset the standards.....

car-videos.com

Ok some guy put together a website, thats neat, but Ive read in car magazines and other places(and I know that is not the end all either) that the svt focus and mazdaspeed protege for example out handles the SRT-4.

The only track comparison I see csvt vs. srt-4 is seabring, which has huge straightaways and would naturally favor a car with more power. The fact that the srt-4 runs only a tad slower than the boxster just proves my point -- under the right circumstances the SRT-4 is going to make a lot more expensive cars than a contour look bad. The power goes a long ways...but why dont you take it autocrossing and see how it does?

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
use the pull down at the upper left of that page and compare it to the focus svt, or the contour svt. I don't care how it beats them, it beats them both hands down. I know the article you speak of with the mazdaspeed and the focus. The focus and mazda both got a .87 and the srt a .86 (that doesn't really justify outhandling) . It's easy to handle when your car is slow.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R

Originally posted by Massiv:
As for you, Rychie, that's a nice fantasy list. Since you're 17, why don't you add Britney Spears and winning the lottery as well? I mean, after all... I should hope you'll run even if you actually ever get around to dumping 10K into your Contour.

While we're fantasizing... let me tell you about my 1000hp SVT Cobra, 10 villas around the world packed with scantily clad women year round, and of course the look on your face when you dump a few thousand into your car only to get beat by that 16 year old kid down the road with parents richer than yours that thought it would be fun to get their kid with the SRT-4 that warrantied stage 3 kit after all.

Point is: The car is awesome no matter which way you slice it. Do I want it? Geez... probably not... (or do I?) but it is superbly executed, especially for dodge.

Massiv.

Originally posted by Rychie620:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
This is not a knock of the Neon, rather praise for the SVT which is still a kick after all these years. If I were 18, I would probably love the SRT4..

i'm 17, and i thought i should chime in on this. i dont like the SRTs for these reasons -- ugly looks , 4 banger engine, and that fact that its a neon . i like my 'tour much better, and once i get my playtoy 'tour hooked up (SVT turbo'd & intercooled 3.0L , venom nitrous , custom air intakes (yes, plural ), and high flow cats & exhaust ) i dont think it will be able to touch me.

rich kids can do anything, like dumping 10K into a CSVT.

Green '99 Contour SE Sport ATX -- wrecked Silver '00 CSVT 3L hybrid Silver '95 Thunderbird "3.8 V6" -- swapped 5.0 from wrecked mustang FREEBIE!!!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
This is not a knock of the Neon, rather praise for the SVT which is still a kick after all these years. If I were 18, I would probably love the SRT4..

i'm 17, and i thought i should chime in on this. i dont like the SRTs for these reasons -- ugly looks , 4 banger engine, and that fact that its a neon . i like my 'tour much better, and once i get my playtoy 'tour hooked up (SVT turbo'd & intercooled 3.0L , venom nitrous , custom air intakes (yes, plural ), and high flow cats & exhaust ) i dont think it will be able to touch me.

With the money you're going to waste (who are you kidding, you're a 12 year old with a big wheel, come on now!), you could buy a Supra TT, which would own your a$$ all day long. Dumbass domestic ricer. (CBM, is that you?)

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:

With the money you're going to waste...

could you define waste please? i'm sorry, i dont have to worry about *ahem* wasting money.

Green '99 Contour SE Sport ATX -- wrecked Silver '00 CSVT 3L hybrid Silver '95 Thunderbird "3.8 V6" -- swapped 5.0 from wrecked mustang FREEBIE!!!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:

With the money you're going to waste...

could you define waste please? i dont have to worry about *ahem* wasting money.

Yes, Daddy whores out your Mom, so you can WASTE her hard-earned money on your SVT - That'll impress everyone else in the trailer park!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
...meanwhile OC sits at home on his computer collecting unemployment checks while bragging he has a 200k house, 2 50k cars, enough cash for an SRT4......

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A

Originally posted by Massiv:
As for you, Rychie, that's a nice fantasy list. Since you're 17, why don't you add Britney Spears and winning the lottery as well? I mean, after all... I should hope you'll run even if you actually ever get around to dumping 10K into your Contour.

While we're fantasizing... let me tell you about my 1000hp SVT Cobra, 10 villas around the world packed with scantily clad women year round, and of course the look on your face when you dump a few thousand into your car only to get beat by that 16 year old kid down the road with parents richer than yours that thought it would be fun to get their kid with the SRT-4 that warrantied stage 3 kit after all.

Point is: The car is awesome no matter which way you slice it. Do I want it? Geez... probably not... (or do I?) but it is superbly executed, especially for dodge.

Massiv.

rich kids can do anything, like dumping 10K into a CSVT.

damn, sounds like somebody could use a good ass beating. Keep em in line.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by MotorCity:
...meanwhile OC sits at home on his computer collecting unemployment checks while bragging he has a 200k house, 2 50k cars, enough cash for an SRT4......

It's a tough life, but somebody's gotta do it.. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take a dip in my Jacuzzi, and then run over to the bank (in my Porsche), to go cash some checks. I'd better put some sunscreen on, so I don't get burnt!

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard