Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
aight man i'll work on that i'll PM or post on monday bout it....i wont be here tomorrow. goin on a little vaction

99 Contour SE -Front oval mesh grille -tinted windows Future: Custom exhaust CTA intake. thats pretty much it
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
How do you guys like the Ricer Pinto? It's a 70 something model. I kinda want one now. That would look really cool.

-Rob

White 95 GL ATX 56K Miles on it. Optilux By Hella Fog lights (The Angel Eyes) Driven hard, Just like I like it!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Well there aren't any good Pinto's on ebay right now. Two ATX I4 2-doors and one ATX I6 wagon.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Disturbedpunk289:
sorry people i just want to find some people out there that are interested in ricey styles for a contour

Well, as much as I hate to say it, the aggressive "ricer" kits are the more popular kits among what my shop offers. I look at these things and I think "late 90's". The new style is a clean, simple, European-looking body. The Blitz-, Aggressor-, and Bomb-type kits out there look so damn gaudy, but I'm constantly being surprised when I whip out the Wings West books and customers tell me how "boring" they look. "Where's the iron-maiden spiked front facias and F1 rear wings?" they ask. I'm not just talking about Civic and Eclipse owners here, either. Many Mustang and Camaro guys want the aggressive Jap look too.

The fact is, people want their cars to be eye-popping, head turning things of, er, beauty. So the farther from stock-looking the better, right? That's all I can figure. Apron kits are not appealing to most people who come into my shop. The idea of spending a couple G's and still keeping that facory bumper on their ride isn't acceptable. It better look like a mutant Samurai on steroids mobile or they don't want it. James Bond look isn't back yet, Ghengis Khan look is here to stay for a while more.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
somebody already got that point across...but i still would like to see a better body kit for the contour. i'm not the only one out there that is like this. and from my crappy photochops i feel i can make people understand a little more

99 Contour SE -Front oval mesh grille -tinted windows Future: Custom exhaust CTA intake. thats pretty much it
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I totally agree. We may not see eye-to-eye on what type of kit they need to make, but anything would be better than nothing, which is what we're dealing with now. I will say this, though: the Contour is one of the best looking cars lowered with wheels and sans a body kit.

I really think our cars have some of the nicest lines (contours, hehe) anywhere. That's where a ricey kit isn't going to work. I know I'm just repeating what others have already blurted out, but the lines of kits like the Blitz just won't look good on our cars (just look at the ZX2 Bomb kit for a preview).

There are some neat tasteful aprons out there for the Dodge Stratus that I wish they'd make for our cars (styled to look like a Euro Touring Racer), but that dosen't seem likely.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
do u have a link?

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
why get a body kit if you can't even tell you have one...

the west wing kits, razzi, and all that [censored] are just too damn plain and ugly...I'd rather have one of those import kits anyday...although MINE will not be ricey.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i hear all these people say "Having a good looking kit yet not enough performance parts will make you look stupid." well what if you dont want to race? i've set my car up kinda of a show car. i dont want to race anyone. if i do i would still have at least some performance parts in it. but my idea of a body kit for the contour is one that would catch the eyes of people. just my opinion. i just think that i want a bit of an import kit to spice it up.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
why get a body kit if you can't even tell you have one...

the west wing kits, razzi, and all that [censored] are just too damn plain and ugly...I'd rather have one of those import kits anyday...although MINE will not be ricey.

Razzi=

Cobra R on Contour=

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard